Bono's Funeral Set List...

RonJonSurfer

No not Sonny Bono...that funeral is over with. This is U2's Bono. My gut feeling is Dylan and Luciano won't be around for the event...get it on tape!

Bono Wants Dylan and Pavarotti to Play at His Funeral

Irish rocker Bono would love mourners at his funeral to listen to songs performed by Bob Dylan and Luciano Pavarotti.

The "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" superstar hopes his friends and family will be in floods of tears when they hear Dylan's "Death is Not The End" and Pavarotti singing "La Traviata."

The U2 singer writes in his upcoming book Bono in Conversation, "I would like lots of weeping and wailing. The music would have to be good. Bob Dylan singing 'Death Is Not The End.' I think I'll have Pavarotti singing 'La Traviata.'"

So who would you want to sing at your funeral? I'd like Roger Taylor from Queen and Ian Gillen from Deep Purple.

:puppyeyes:

I need the Jefferson Airplaine together for the ocasion. Some spanish groups (old fiends of mine, couldn´t let them out...) will open for Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. Then, Neil, very depressed after Amy´s loss, will sing unplugged a couple of songs before Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones perform together... Dylan sings "Absolutelly Sweet Marie" and leaves, then Mick and Keith say some words (deeply touched...) and play for a whole hour... Mick Taylor comes to join and they do whole "Sticky Fingers".

Paul McCartney tries to jump on stage but is booed by the audience and leaves... Eric Burdon and the two Bee Gees sing "To Love Somebody" and Grace Slick joins and they sing "Somebody to Love". :laughing:

REM and Pretenders will also sing a couple of songs and finally, Simon and Garfunkel, after doing "Mrs. Robinson" introduce... John Lennon!!! No, he wasn´t dead! Along with Clapton, Ringo and Elton John they do "Across the Universe" in an amazing atmosphere.

I will see it all from above. :thumbsup:

I need the Jefferson Airplaine together for the ocasion. Some spanish groups (old fiends of mine, couldn´t let them out...) will open for Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. Then, Neil, very depressed after Amy´s loss, will sing unplugged a couple of songs before Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones perform together... Dylan sings "Absolutelly Sweet Marie" and leaves, then Mick and Keith say some words (deeply touched...) and play for a whole hour... Mick Taylor comes to join and they do whole "Sticky Fingers".

Paul McCartney tries to jump on stage but is booed by the audience and leaves... Eric Burdon and the two Bee Gees sing "To Love Somebody" and Grace Slick joins and they sing "Somebody to Love". :laughing:

REM and Pretenders will also sing a couple of songs and finally, Simon and Garfunkel, after doing "Mrs. Robinson" introduce... John Lennon!!! No, he wasn´t dead! Along with Clapton, Ringo and Elton John they do "Across the Universe" in an amazing atmosphere.

I will see it all from above. :thumbsup:

Getting a band back together would be awesome. I bet I could get more funeral guests if I got The Smiths or The Police back together for me funeral. That's gonna happen when hell freezes over, so I'd most def have Chris Isaak play tunes at my funeral :elvis: