Queen

efa

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree that Fredie Mercury is a bit of a legend (maybe a bit of an overrated one) but how can a song that has the words "scaramoush, scaramoush, can you do the fandango" be such an amazing and inspirational one? It doesn't even make any sense!

Maybe...but then I kinda wish people didn't put all this meaning on it. It doesn't have one!

Sometimes it is all about the music, not the deep meaning. I believe Freddy wrote this to be an entire rock opera encompassed within one song. He did it!! I've heard about college courses where they analyzed the music...the lyrics tell a simple story...like any opera.

Many Beatles songs have no greater meaning other than, say, "I want to hold your hand" or "I saw her standing there"...neat little songs about what...girls!!

Whenever rockers try to be profound they usually miss the boat anyway. Fans often put more thought into the meaning of song than the artists themselves. In the movie "Imagine" John Lennon encounters a fan wandering on his property. The young man asks John about the deep meaning of one of his songs. (I think it was 'I Dig A Pony') John tells him is was a nonsense song, he liked playing with words and fitting them together.

Anyway, Bohemian Rhapsody was a groundbreaking song that entered our culture and never left...that's where classics come from.

I do agree that Fredie Mercury is a bit of a legend (maybe a bit of an overrated one) but how can a song that has the words "scaramoush, scaramoush, can you do the fandango" be such an amazing and inspirational one? It doesn't even make any sense!

Maybe it does make sense, but not to the average person like me or you. The Red Hot Chili Peppers lyrics for most of their songs sound like random stuff put together to rhyme, but they are still good. And Queen rock, by the way.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

A "bit" of a legend?!. He is one of the best frontmen of all time!!!.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Nothing has to make sense to be good.

Many Beatles songs have no greater meaning other than, say, "I want to hold your hand" or "I saw her standing there"...

One of the greatest songs of rock history:

She Loves You

(Lennon-McStuff)

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

You think you lost your love,

When I saw her yesterday.

It?s you she?s thinking of

And she told me what to say.

She says she loves you

And you know that can?t be bad.

Yes, she loves you

And you know you should be glad. ooh!

She said you were to know

That she almost lost her mind.

And now she says she knows

You?re not the hurting kind.

She says she loves you

Yes, she loves you

And with a love like that

You know you should be glad.

And now it?s up to you,

I think it?s only fair,

If I should hurt you, too,

Apologize to her

Because she loves you

Yes, she loves you

One of the greatest songs of rock history:

She Loves You

(Lennon-McStuff)

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

You think you lost your love,

When I saw her yesterday.

It?s you she?s thinking of

And she told me what to say.

She says she loves you

Yes, she loves you

She said you were to know

That she almost lost her mind.

And now she says she knows

You?re not the hurting kind.

She says she loves you

Yes, she loves you

And now it?s up to you,

I think it?s only fair,

If I should hurt you, too,

Apologize to her

Because she loves you

Yes, she loves you

It's always about girls...and that's OK with me. I think Paul defined the true essence of rock in roll in one line:

W"ell she was just 17...you know what I mean". Bingo...I got it Paul. :coolio:

The Beatles are the most overrated band in the history of music. There is nothing revolutionary, amazing, or substantial to those songs. They are just another meaningless pop song in an endless sea of shallow, elementary music. She Loves You is far from the best rock song. I liked stuff like Abbey Road, that they wrote for the sake of the music. All their sh*tty pop songs they wrote were actually the result of a bet to see how many consecutive hits they could crank out. I'm sick of people putting that side of the Beatles above everything else. The Beatles get so much acclaim for their bad stuff and nowhere near enough for their good stuff.

Also, I love the Queen song Liar. I don't know if it was very popluar, but I really like it.

The Beatles are the most overrated band in the history of music. There is nothing revolutionary, amazing, or substantial to those songs. They are just another meaningless pop song in an endless sea of shallow, elementary music. She Loves You is far from the best rock song. I liked stuff like Abbey Road, that they wrote for the sake of the music. All their sh*tty pop songs they wrote were actually the result of a bet to see how many consecutive hits they could crank out. I'm sick of people putting that side of the Beatles above everything else. The Beatles get so much acclaim for their bad stuff and nowhere near enough for their good stuff.

Also, I love the Queen song Liar. I don't know if it was very popluar, but I really like it.

Just wondering, was The Beatles good stuff really bad stuff because they are overrated? Is the bad stuff worse stuff than other bad stuff because they are overrated? Or is the good stuff, really good stuff compared to other good stuff as opposed to other bad stuff of non-overrated bands? Or is the good stuff really good stuff and The Beatles are underrated as a band that makes good stuff whilst their bad stuff is bad stuff because it is compared to their good stuff which makes other bands good stuff sound like bad stuff. Could you clear that up. thanks.

I'm starting a new thread on the "Rolling Stone Magazine 500 Greatest Songs" tomorrow (Australian time). I've done my own Top 10 and have "She Loves You"/ Beatles at #2 Edna, and "Bohemian Rhapsody" at #10 RonJon.

Poor Chris. So young, but so cynical. The only thing I agree with you on is that "She Loves You" is probably not a Rock Song - it's more a Pop song, but who cares what you call it?

I know you're a WHO fan, but they were just a pale imitation of the Beatles and the Stones. When the GREATEST GROUPS of the Rock Era are spoken of, or written about, you just put 1.Beatles, 2. Rolling Stones and THEN you have to think about the REST.

Queen are my #3 Group by the way AND I agree that Freddie was the Greatest front man of all time.

:shades:

I agree, I don't think they were that great. But don't be so harse!! :laughing: :laughing:.

This is for edna, since she likes her fave song posted, I'll do it too!!!.

The Greatest Rock Song Of All Time.

Chris, Chris... tss... :doh: :doh: :doh:

I would post "THE GREATEST SONG IN ROCK HISTORY" (OK, so doesn´t matter what you call it...pop or rock or whatever...) if I hadn´t done it yesterday on another thread...

Karhul, don´t you have any homework?? :laughing: :laughing: