Queen

efa

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is overplayed on classic rock radio. Oh, and Wayne and Garth did a pretty good job of making it nearly impossible to listen to as well. :(

I have to disagree with you. I think Wayne and garth did a very funny and entertaining version of it. And the Stairway segment was very funny aswell.

As for efa's comment:

NO WAY!!!!. How can you say Bohemian Rhapsody is a bad song?!. It's one of the greatest rock songs of all time!!!!. Very close to Stairway, by the way...

I'm from Dublin too.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I have to disagree with you. I think Wayne and garth did a very funny and entertaining version of it. And the Stairway segment was very funny aswell.

As for efa's comment:

NO WAY!!!!. How can you say Bohemian Rhapsody is a bad song?!. It's one of the greatest rock songs of all time!!!!. Very close to Stairway, by the way...

I'm from Dublin too.

I must not be a Wayne's World fan. In fact, they completely ruined "Foxey Lady" for me until the green M&M commercial came out. Now I just picture her strutting her stuff instead of Wayne (or was it Garth?) doing the fox ears. =:P

I must not be a Wayne's World fan. In fact, they completely ruined "Foxey Lady" for me until the green M&M commercial came out. Now I just picture her strutting her stuff instead of Wayne (or was it Garth?) doing the fox ears. =:P

Oops!!!. I forgot that scene too!!. That was really funny aswell!!!. I'm going to start a thread on Wayne's world now!!. All aboard!!!.

There's something about Queen. Any other band couldn't be that flamboyant and be ok in my book, but Queesn just kicked ass. Even the stuff that sucked for some reason was good. They just have a vibe, I can't explain it. Well, I guess I just did.

I Never thought it was gonna happen...me and roger agree on something. wow...

But...how can you put down Bohemian Rhapsody? Nobody else would have ever made a song like that...the lyrics...the music. It just rocked! And...all there other songs COMPLETELY ROCK!

The most wonderful thing about Queen, is that they simply paid attention to the music. You put on a set of headphones and listen to any Queen album. It is musically and lyrically rich. They spared no expense making music. No wasted space, no filler crap you get so ofeten these days. Even their tongue in cheek ditties, such as Seaside Rendezvous, are rife with musical quality. They paid attention to the little details that made their songs worth listening to.

They were true to their craft. That's why they have stood the test of time, and younger listeners think they rock. Because they do.

The most wonderful thing about Queen, is that they simply paid attention to the music. You put on a set of headphones and listen to any Queen album. It is musically and lyrically rich. They spared no expense making music. No wasted space, no filler crap you get so ofeten these days. Even their tongue in cheek ditties, such as Seaside Rendezvous, are rife with musical quality. They paid attention to the little details that made their songs worth listening to.

They were true to their craft. That's why they have stood the test of time, and younger listeners think they rock. Because they do.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

freddie mercury is the clearest example of someone who was BORN to sing, to perform and to create music...he had all this talent in such massive quantity! he had such a powerful persona and such a powerful voice and i think bohemian rhapsody was the most effective song in bringing this across!

and it's near impossible to overplay that song

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I completely agree. I love "The Show Must Go On" by them too, anyone else too?.

I was fortunate enough to see Queen in concert 10, count 'em, 10 times. Freddie was always in great voice. Brian May always amazed. Roger Taylor's high notes could break glass. John Deacon was one heck of a bassist.

Bohemian Rhapsody always brought down the house.

I like Queen very much but... ten times????? RonJon, you´re a real fan! I guess the one I saw on stage more times was Lou Reed... I think I saw five or six concerts... I´m not a fan and I don´t like his attitude but he´s really good... besides, some of these concerts I´ve been were as a journalist, so I had to go. But I also had to go to see Michael Jackson or Madonna and I didn´t (well, ys, I did, but not so many times... I saw them oce...)

I was fortunate enough to see Queen in concert 10, count 'em, 10 times. Freddie was always in great voice. Brian May always amazed. Roger Taylor's high notes could break glass. John Deacon was one heck of a bassist.

Bohemian Rhapsody always brought down the house.

I like Queen very much but... ten times????? RonJon, you´re a real fan! I guess the one I saw on stage more times was Lou Reed... I think I saw five or six concerts... I´m not a fan and I don´t like his attitude but he´s really good... besides, some of these concerts I´ve been were as a journalist, so I had to go. But I also had to go to see Michael Jackson or Madonna and I didn´t (well, yes, I did, but not so many times... I saw them once...)

I never saw Queen... they must have been incredible on stage...

I like Queen very much but... ten times????? RonJon, you´re a real fan! I guess the one I saw on stage more times was Lou Reed... I think I saw five or six concerts... I´m not a fan and I don´t like his attitude but he´s really good... besides, some of these concerts I´ve been were as a journalist, so I had to go. But I also had to go to see Michael Jackson or Madonna and I didn´t (well, yes, I did, but not so many times... I saw them once...)

I never saw Queen... they must have been incredible on stage...

It was always a spectacular. As the years went on and the band was clearly Freddie's, the theatrics notched up a lot. I first saw them pre-Bohemian Rhapsody and they were straight forward kicking A rockers.