Jimi? Sunshine? Wha???

Batman

Cool new smilies! :doh: :angel: :rockon: :puppyeyes: :neener:!

Okay, back to business. I heard a kid at school humming a song. I asked him what it was, and he said it was "Cocaine, by Jimi Hendrix." And it sounded familiar, so I looked it up, but couldn't find it. Then I heard a song on the radio that sounded EXACTLY like it. It was Cream, sunshine of your love. So did this guy just mix up the titles, or did Jimi do a cover of Sunshine, or what?

This happened long ago, but I still haven't found the answer.

I've been listening to Jimi a long time, and I've never heard a cover of Sunshine of Your Love.I even have access to a lot of bootleg stuff, and have never heard that. I think that guy had his titles and artists mixed up. Cocaine was Eric Clapton and Sunshine was Cream (with Clapton of course).

I've been listening to Jimi a long time, and I've never heard a cover of Sunshine of Your Love.I even have access to a lot of bootleg stuff, and have never heard that. I think that guy had his titles and artists mixed up. Cocaine was Eric Clapton and Sunshine was Cream (with Clapton of course).

Au contrere my friend. Hendrix DID do a cover of Sunshine Of Your Love. It was an impromptu done in the middle of his appearence on the Lulu show (where he was supposed to play "Hey Joe") on BBC TV in England in 1968. This version appears on the Experience Hendrix 2CD/3LP "The BBC Sessions" towards the end of Disc 2/Side 6 on the LP.

However, "Cocaine" was originally done by J.J. Cale sometime in the mid-1970's and redone by Clapton in 1977 for the "Slowhand" LP. J.J. wrote the song long after Hendrix had passed away. But he may have done another song called Cocaine written by somebody else that I don't know about.

BTW Hendrix's "Sunshine" is short but explosive and well worth checking out.