What was your best vacation "EVER"?

Mike

I think the best vacations are the most anticipated and relaxing. So far for me it was a family trip to Disneyland, where we spent several days there.

As a kid I remember going to the lake and meeting girls there who were also from out of town, we had so much fun swimming and listen to music while sitting in the sun and enjoying the summer sun and cool lake effect breeze.

I also rememeber a long awaited trip to an amuzement park in Texas in the early seventies. That was a lot of fun.

Talladega Superspeedway. Every year. The mental floss weekend. Smoke cigars. Scratch. Cuss. Play poker. Practical jokes.

Watch car racing. Full blown testoserone for 4 days. I will make this trip every year until I die. After that, somebody is carrying my ashes (in an approved container) to my seat.

I can empathise with that JR, except the scratching and the cigars. When you shake your sleeping bag, is it like somebody opened a window at the parmesan factory?

I would like to think that my best vacation is still to come, but the most memorable one so far was the time my wife and I travelled around east Africa in a truck. Extreme squits perched over a hastily dug hole, listening to lions 'chatting' somewhere nearby at night, in the Bush, sticks in the mind. As does attempted muggery in Nairobi, camping on a rubbish tip to avoid the mines in Mozambique, a very funny night with local 'ladies' at a Bulawayo jazz club, bungee jumping at Victoria Falls, falling out of my 'raft' into the Zambezi and loads of others.

I'd love to go back someday, particularly to the Ngorugoru crater with the kids. This is on the proviso that the Lodge hasn't been turned into a McD or a Starbucks by then, and that the animals haven't simply left due to over-exposure to tourists.

Regards

Two weeks in New York working shooting rock concerts, discos, interviews... luxury hotel... and the last day off to relax in the MoMA and Central Park...then a flight to Madrid, two days lazing around and then two weeks in Paris, eating, relaxing, seeing my friends and speaking French 24 hours a day...that´s life!!!

That sounds great edna!!

I haven't had any really memorable holidays like you guys.

I went to Corfu in 2002 and it was my last holiday with my step-dad so I guess thats my best vacation so far.

Too many places to list that I would love to go...

That sounds great edna!!

I went to Corfu in 2002 and it was my last holiday with my step-dad so I guess thats my best vacation so far.

Oh, but you´re only 21, Foxy!!! I was maybe 35 or so when I had that wonderfull month! You surelly will have more than ten great vacations sooner or later! You see, I would really go to Corfu, but I don´t think I will be able for the moment... it must be great...

Without a doubt, my 1995 honeymoon in Greece was my best vacation ever. It was my wife's first trip to Greece, but my third, so I was able to play tour guide. We spent two weeks driving around the Peloponnesian (sp?) peninsula and then 10 days on the island of Kefalonia. One of the most romantic dinners we ever enjoyed was in a quaint little restaurant in Monemvasia. The food was wonderful, the view spectacular and the service exceptional. And, I got to enjoy it all with the love of my life. What more could one ask for?

:thumbsup:

im so glad too pepole have mentioned greece! canam , we generally refer to it as the peloponese (peloponisos in greek).

my parents have taken me to amazing places, ive had amazing vacations with my friends in greece and i went to japan with my boyfriend, its impossible to choose!