Kudos to Steve Cropper etal...

RonJonSurfer

Fogerty goes without saying, but read the paragraph about Steve Cropper...I'm impressed and Steve is one of the best. :guitar:

Fogerty & Hayes Headed For Songwriters Hall of Fame

John Fogerty, Isaac Hayes, Steve Cropper and Bill Withers are among the artists to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame this year. David Porter and Richard and Robert Sherman also made the cut. The 36th annual induction is set for June 9 at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York.

Among Withers' timeless classics are "Ain't No Sunshine," "Lean on Me," "Lovely Day" and ?Just the Two of Us."

His songs have been recorded by the likes of Barbra Streisand, Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin, Sting, Will Smith, Lionel Hampton, the Temptations, Tom Jones, Joe Cocker, Mick Jagger and Crystal Gayle.

Cropper, a founding member of Booker T & the MG's, had his hand in nearly every record issued by Stax from 1961 to 1970. His songwriting credits include "(Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay," "Knock on Wood" and "In the Midnight Hour."

Songwriting partners Hayes and Porter penned such Stax hits as "When Something Is Wrong With My Baby" and "Soul Man" (for Sam & Dave), "B-A-B-Y" (Carla Thomas) and "I Got To Love Somebody's Baby" (Johnnie Taylor).

Hayes went on to win an Oscar for best score for his work on 'Shaft.'