Who Is Better? Dave Or Sammy?

DoctorOfSpin

I grew up with David fronting VH. So, for me it'll always be Diamond Dave. However, lately he has a 'Carol Channing' thing going and scares the bejeesus out of me. He looks like a cross between Phyllis Diller and Joan Rivers. Stay out of the spotlight, Dave. Your scalp is showing.....

Ken.

Something's fishy. I tried to vote and it read that I couldn't because the same IP address already voted. I hadn't.

Anyway, I'd vote Dave so far as which one I'd rather see front Van Halen because he IS/was Van Halen.

But so far as the better vocalist, Sammy, hands down but not for Van Halen. :stars: No one can produce Dave's signature "OW!" Very vital to Running with the Devil as well as other pre-Hagar Halen songs.

Dave didn't sing, he talked, but he did a hell of a mean "OW!"

Besides, there's always wigs.

David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen on the same stage. Two of the most conceited men I've ever seen live.

However, lately he has a 'Carol Channing' thing going and scares the bejeesus out of me. He looks like a cross between Phyllis Diller and Joan Rivers. Stay out of the spotlight, Dave. Your scalp is showing.....

Ken, you are absolutely hilarious...one of my favorite posters. I usually laugh out loud when I read one of your posts! Thanks!

:bow:

Dave was on a "Sopranos" episode and I didn't even recognize him, he looked so scary. Every time I think of Van Halen, I remember the movie "Better Off Dead" with John Cusack. There is a fantasy sequence where Cusack is working in a burger joint, and the burgers come to life and dance to "Everybody Wants Some" by VH. God bless the 80s!

I have never seen this icon before and wanted to use it!

:rockon: