Best albums of 2004.

Karhul

I only read heard one album from 2004. It was How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb by U2. It is one of the best albums I ever heard, it is just so good. I recommend that you all buy it sometime. Another I heard a bit of was American Idiot by Green Day, I only heard the songs American Idiot and Boulevard of Broken Dreams off it, but it sounds promising.

Any thoughts on some other 2004 albums?. :guitar:

I heard a bit of was American Idiot by Green Day, I only heard the songs American Idiot and Boulevard of Broken Dreams off it, but it sounds promising.

American Idiot sounds really similar to one of their older songs, but I can't remember which one. Boulevard of Broken Dreams stole the chord structure of "Wonderwall" by Oasis. If you had someone play the chords for wonderwall while you played the chords for boulevard, they would sound like the exact same song (except the chorus, and singing) just the chords. They also have a 9 minute song on it called "Jesus of Suburbia." It's a much better album than I thought it might be.

IMO, Modest Mouse's "Good News" was the best album. I can't wait til spring, the new White Stripes CD is coming out!

Hot Fuss- The Killers...I think it's very good for a newer band.

Experience Hendrix- The Best of Jimi Hendrix...this cd is just amazing. I'm pretty sure it's the newest "Best Of" from Hendrix and they did a great job putting it together. It even has cool info about each song inside the cover jacket thing... check it out, totally recommended :thumbsup:

Experience Hendrix- The Best of Jimi Hendrix...this cd is just amazing. I'm pretty sure it's the newest "Best Of" from Hendrix and they did a great job putting it together. It even has cool info about each song inside the cover jacket thing... check it out, totally recommended :thumbsup:

That was my first Hendrix CD! Up to that point, it was the most amazing CD I had ever heard. I couldn't believe that this was all coming from one guy's guitar, let alone a guitar! Anyways, now I think his best CD is "Electric Ladyland." I personally like it better than the greatest hits. You are right, the booklet that comes with the CD is good. It was not only my first Hendrix CD, it was also my first 100% classic rock CD (before I had gotten CDs with classic rock in them, but this was the first of the completely classic rock)

Another good CD from 04 is Flogging Molly - Within A Mile of Home. It is good Irish Punk

That was my first Hendrix CD! Up to that point, it was the most amazing CD I had ever heard. I couldn't believe that this was all coming from one guy's guitar, let alone a guitar! Anyways, now I think his best CD is "Electric Ladyland." I personally like it better than the greatest hits. You are right, the booklet that comes with the CD is good. It was not only my first Hendrix CD, it was also my first 100% classic rock CD (before I had gotten CDs with classic rock in them, but this was the first of the completely classic rock)

good stuff! :coolio: glad to see people gettin that cd! :afro:

If you're gonna buy American Idiot, listen to some older stuff like Dookie or Nimrod as well. American Idiot is very good, I posted the story to it somewhere in Random Thoughts. The songs with many parts (Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming) are amazing. :bow:all hail Green Day :bow:

....Stop laughing, you! :beady:

:rockon:

If you're gonna buy American Idiot, listen to some older stuff like Dookie or Nimrod as well. American Idiot is very good, I posted the story to it somewhere in Random Thoughts. The songs with many parts (Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming) are amazing. :bow:all hail Green Day :bow:

....Stop laughing, you! :beady:

:rockon:

dookie was the coolest album when it came out! i dont remember anyone not liking it, especially "basket case". that brings back so many memories!

my favourite albums of 2004

Franz ferdinand-franz ferdinand

the killers-hot fuss

air-talkie walkie