Led Zeppelin tour

syd

There has been an increase in rumors of the possibility Led Zeppelin touring this summer. Does anyone out there have any information on the subject?

If they somehow put together a tour, I think it?s safe to say it would be one of the greatest tours to grace classic rock fans in many years and I would easily give my eye teeth to see them.

I saw Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden in NYC on July 29, 1973...Waited outside a Ticketron outlet all night to get tickets. Told my Mom I was going to friends house and snuck in to the city (I was only 14, but soon to be 15!!!). I somehow think seeing them now would not hold a candle to that show for me.

By coincidence, my oldest son was born on July 29, 1989..a full 16 years later...he's 15 now, who knows where he be sneaking off to...maybe to see Led Zeppelin!! Maybe I'll take him if they ever do decide to tour again. :guitar:

It wouldn't be good because John Bonham is dead. They are too old anyway to get back together, though they all look in great health. I would love to see it, but that would be wrong, disrespectful to Bonzo. No one can replace him, he was such a good drummer.

bonzo4.gif

Rock on!. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Didn't the Hindenberg tragedy teach them anything?

Oh, the humanity!

That would need a :laughing: but unfortunatelly, it´s so true that it deserves a :beady:

BTW, the son of Ringo is the drummer with the Zepp or the Who???? :stars: (stupid question, I´ll find the answer on my head in ten minutes, sure...)

Problem with Jason is he's not nearly as good as his father, he relies far too much on his cowbell (insert SNL joke here), and drinks so much, he's twice had to cancel tours because he broke his hand..

Last time around for Page/Plant, they had the cult's old drummer, and he was competent.....

However, I read an interview with Jonesy about these rumors, and he said "Well, no one called me.."

So, I don't think anyone needs to get too excited.

As I said, I wouldn't like to see it happen, not now anyway, it's too late for it. It would be good good if they done something like "No Quarter" again, with JPJ this time, that would be good, but not so high profile like a massive Queen sized concert. They are nearing or are in their 60's, so not really. I listened to "No Quarter", it's great, but they didn't do Stairway to Heaven, Plant hates that song.

Bonham's son wouldn't be good enough to play with Led Zeppelin, not many drummers would be.

It would have been good if Bonham didn't die and they kept going, and they were still around now. Bands like Metallica and AC/DC are still rocking out at their 50's and ages like that, so it would be ok. But if Led Zeppelin got into their 70's and beyond, that's just too far.

It would have been good if that happened. They could have went out with a huge bang. They could have done a 4-day concert, playing all their songs, every last one of them, and playing like they never did before, the best version of every song they did in them 4 days would be super awesome, but it can't happen, it's to late. Sadly, very sadly, Bonham is gone, and we can't change back the time. Just listen to Led Zeppelin, and be reminded of how good they still are, even on cd's.

422962zep.jpg

I have two words for ya,

ROCK ON!!!!!!!.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Led Zeppelin reunion, may you rest in peace.

Led Zeppelin, you will never die.

:guitar: :drummer: :guitar: :: :rockon:

Yeah... every year if you look hard enough, you'll find a possible Zeppelin reunion in the summertime, but I'm pretty sure this isn't going to happen. Plant's voice is completly shot (I hated the new Unledded DVD), Bonzo's dead (RIP), JPJ hasn't worked with anyone in forever... There has always been talk of replacing Bonham with his son, but he's just not good enough. If they did somehow miraculously tour, could you bear to watch Plant struggle to sing an octave below the notes he used to hit? Could you picture Led Zeppelin without Bonzo?

I couldn't, nor would I want to.

Yeah... every year if you look hard enough, you'll find a possible Zeppelin reunion in the summertime, but I'm pretty sure this isn't going to happen. Plant's voice is completly shot (I hated the new Unledded DVD), Bonzo's dead (RIP), JPJ hasn't worked with anyone in forever... There has always been talk of replacing Bonham with his son, but he's just not good enough. If they did somehow miraculously tour, could you bear to watch Plant struggle to sing an octave below the notes he used to hit? Could you picture Led Zeppelin without Bonzo?

I couldn't, nor would I want to.

I totally agree with you. Even though I love Led Zeppelin, it would not be good now. He struggled slightly in No Quarter, which was 11 years ago, so it's not an option.

Led Zeppelin isn't the same with John Bonham dead.

Rip Bonzo. :rockon:

It wouldn't be good because John Bonham is dead. They are too old anyway to get back together, though they all look in great health. I would love to see it, but that would be wrong, disrespectful to Bonzo. No one can replace him, he was such a good drummer.

I dont think there to old...although Bonzo is dead to see jimmy page and robert palnt and john paul jones would be better than nothin!!!!

I think that the amount of talent Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones has could offset their age. Some of the notes may not be able to be hit like they once were, but if anyone could do it it would be this trio. And although John Bonham is gone, arguably one of the greatest drummers of all time, there are replacements out there, good ones. In my opinion, one such drummer would be Neil Pert, he has some amazing skills and after seeing one crazy 20-minute drum solo last summer I think he?d be on the short list.

Jimmy Page could still do it. JPJ could still do it. Robert Plant can NOT still do it.

Neil Pert is a great drummer, but I don't think the reason Bonham was perfect for Zeppelin was because of how technically proficient he was, it was because of the chemistry. And when you go see a concert, you don't go for a live regurgitation of your favorite songs, you go to watch the chemistry.

So like I said before, as huge of a Zeppelin fan as I am, I wouldn't like to see them in concert in 2005. Now if we could go back in time to 1970, count me in. :guitar: