Quel est votre raison?

Mairi

I wrote this last night(13/02/05), tell me your thoughts, constructive criticsm, etc.

Quel Est Votre Raison?

"Happy Valentine's Day, my love"

As you rip out my recycable heart

All my compassion seeping out

Through salty tears as we part

Whistle while i walk alone

Your favourite tune; my dying embrace

Heart filtering down to the unknown depths of my stomach

to form the sullen expression on my face

Eyes blinded by transparent blood

With this repetitive, repulsive anguish

Stormy clouds in my thunderous mind

Screaming aloud my only wish

For you to want to be close

Why do you lie about wanting me most?

Quel est votre raison?

"I care about you, please look after me"

When you stumble senselessly near

My throat burning with words i long to say

Silenced by my overwhelming fear

Plant the happy memories in my mind

My youthful naivety, so distant now

Soothing the shrieking infant bleeding inside

Remembering my broken sacred vow

Quel est votre raison?

"I love you, truthfully and fully"

As I gasp and cover my mouth

Biting my tongue, wishing I hadn't said anything

You turn around from heading south

Few moments pass while the words replay in your mind

Contemplating, now registering; "Why?"

I mutter standard nothingness

Walking away: my silent goodbye

Quel est votre raison?

Quel est votre raison?

A whispered answer

"ma raison vous est"

Tell me what you think.

:rockon:

What does "Quel est votre raison" mean?

I sounds to me like a classic case of a boy and a girl where the girl is heart broken because the boy does not apparently want to be with her anymore. I really like the story line and the word usage is wonderful. I like songs that aren't simple and plain, and this is definitely not simple and plain. But I still don't know what that line means.

What does "Quel est votre raison" mean?

I sounds to me like a classic case of a boy and a girl where the girl is heart broken because the boy does not apparently want to be with her anymore. I really like the story line and the word usage is wonderful. I like songs that aren't simple and plain, and this is definitely not simple and plain. But I still don't know what that line means.

whats your reason

As you rip out my recycable heart

All my compassion seeping out

Through salty tears as we part

Whistle while i walk alone

Your favourite tune; my dying embrace

Heart filtering down to the unknown depths of my stomach

to form the sullen expression on my face

I like these lines the best. The way you put words together is amazing, Mairi. Keep writing.

My name is babelfish and I translate stuff... badly :)

Le jour de Valentine heureux, mon amour car vous déchirez hors de mon coeur recycable toute ma compassion s'infiltrant dehors par les larmes salées pendant que nous pièce sifflent tandis que je seul marche votre air de favori ; ma mort embrassent le coeur filtrant vers le bas aux profondeurs inconnues de mon estomac pour former sullen l'expression sur mon visage

It just sounds so... so French :beatnik:

yeah you re right. now that i think about it, shouldnt it be quelle? damn those years of not speaking french! where did my sorbonne level french go? :(

It should be "Quelle est vôtre raison", as "raison" is "she" (we have genres in French grammar...), and you can call that person "toi" or "vous" (that doesn´t exist in english neither...) "Vous" means respect as "toi" means familar.

Rachel, you went to the Sorbonne? I studied a couple of years there, Russian phyllology... ( :sleepy:)

let´s make a deal: I´ll be your French and Spanish translator and you correct my broken English, OK? :laughing: :laughing:

... though I love my broken English... :stars:

We all love your broken English Helena!

Rachel, you spent 10 years studying French? Damn, I spent 3 years studying Spanish and couldn't handle it anymore. Well, at least I have speaking American down to a science...! They call it "English" in school, but it's really not English at all. They should call it "American-English" because that's what they end up teaching.

I can´t see that much difference, really... only when I went to see "Robin Hood" at the cinema and Kevin Costner was Robin, talking with american accent... ::

Damn internet translators....

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mairi, I like your poem. It´s perfect for a song. I guess it´s a bad case of heartbreak... sorry I didn´t tell you before. Maybe you could put music too...

We all love your broken English Helena!

Rachel, you spent 10 years studying French? Damn, I spent 3 years studying Spanish and couldn't handle it anymore. Well, at least I have speaking American down to a science...! They call it "English" in school, but it's really not English at all. They should call it "American-English" because that's what they end up teaching.

you would be very popular with british people for saying that, my boyfriend always complains about the way american people talk!

anyway, sorry mairi for discussing other things in this thread, its a lovely song!