Playing music backwards.

usernameddr

yeah, im sure freddy mercury was sitting and thinking, "oo, lets write a songs with a backwards message! that will be fun! lets say its fun to smoke marijuana". i can picture him now...

it might be fun to try and find messages but seriously, just cos you saw on tv or read it on the internet doesnt mean its true. the backwards message can be interpreted in any way, it could be saying "lets go eat a banana"!

thsi whole conversation reminds me of when white noise came out and they had people on tv who believed their dead relatives had come back to talk to them , played some random static noise and said "thats definitely my son, i recognise the voice!"

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some journalist gave me a tape which was supposed to contain messages from beyond... I put it in my reverse walkman (backwards as I was running out of batteries) and I heard some speaker from the radio talking about a football team... It´s true!

All this begun in the late 60´s whith the "Paul is dead" story...

Not ture im am not like that I just think it is cool. And I wish I had extra time on my ahnds.

Also for the person that sadi whoever listens to it backwards wrecks good music. That is not true. I accually opens up a whole new dimention of music. If you think about it do you think queen would make a song like another one bites the dust. A song wihtout meaning. When most of their songs are so meaningful. I think it is meant ot play backwards. And it does reflect Queen to I think where is says "It's fun to smoke mara." in Another one bites the dust If you think about it. Listen to Don't Stop me Now. It says "I'm floating around in extacy" I hope that is how you spell it.

Think about it...

you know...the drug was named after the word and not vice versa. he's trying to describe his feeling of euphoria...ecstacy!! ITS A WORDDDDD!!!

and (my apologies for excessive use of the word but it fits in an assortment of places) do you think freddie mercury was so vela as to try figure out what to say backwards and how it would sound forwards and exactly HOW it must be sung in order for it to say what its supposed to say backwards yet fit in the forwardness of the song? (if you understood what i just said, please explain it to me)

AND... when you're listening to a song, do YOU hear the 'backward message' simultaeneously? personally i listen to songs because they sound nice...not to look for 'backward messages'

yeah, im sure freddy mercury was sitting and thinking, "oo, lets write a songs with a backwards message! that will be fun! lets say its fun to smoke marijuana". i can picture him now...

it might be fun to try and find messages but seriously, just cos you saw on tv or read it on the internet doesnt mean its true. the backwards message can be interpreted in any way, it could be saying "lets go eat a banana"!

thsi whole conversation reminds me of when white noise came out and they had people on tv who believed their dead relatives had come back to talk to them , played some random static noise and said "thats definitely my son, i recognise the voice!"

That's what I heard when listening to Pink Floyd backwards...

"Let's eat a banana...

Everyone eat a banana....

Bananas are so good for you...

Let's eat a banana!"

It was scary. All day long I wanted to eat a banana. Oh the humanity.

Did you know that if you listened to Lynyrd Skynyrd backwards you would hear the solos first and the words last? Whoa...!

i'm trying to imagine led zep huddled around in a tight group with crumpled up paper lying all over the place and discussing lyrics and what to sing forwards and trying to say it backwards and checking out its corresponding forward sound and john bonham trying to come up with a beat and robert plant singing the song forwards and backwards and jimmy page with sheet music in his hand making adjustments here and there and john paul jones contemplating a keyboard equivalent and...

the backwords lyric at the end of the song is the first lyric in the song "When the rain comes they run and hide their heads...rain" :coolio: my 1st reply on song facts

Welcome Christopher! I didn´t know what he was saying... I never listen to my records backwards! :laughing: :thumbsup:

my grandma does the same thing! but so that other people wont understand what she is saying. she talks like that to her sisters and my mom and aunt

In Russian? that´s our jewish sense of humour, Rachel! :laughing: :laughing:

No, I was joking! :laughing: :laughing: Oh, but now that you mention it... who knows...?

So maybe you know Albert Cohen, the writer? he´s one of my favourite writers... he made those wonderfull books about jews in Tesalonika (how do you say that in english??) I read them in french... "Belle du Seigneur" is amazing... and the other three too...

Russian is beautifull, it´s my mother´s language... I am half french half argentinian but I live in Spain and I speak broken-not-even-english... :laughing:

I wish I could say something in hindi... is that right, hindi????

yep thats what it is...hindi! and i find your english absolutely fine if not quite impressive! :coolio:

english is more my first language than hindi which comes in at a close-ish second. and i know a bit of french which i learned in school. but i can't understand a word when i hear people speak french!! it's too fast for me and i can't remember enough from school! i need practice! :help: