If you were performing on stage...

NightOwl

Windy and edna...thank you both so much. The feeling is mutual. Don't you hate it when Jr. bullies me like that?

Oh, that´s because he loves you, UncleJoe... he´s much too shy and he hides behind that behaviour... :angel:

I would play on stage:

1) Mascarade (Carpenters)

2) My Sharonna (Knack)

3) Love me, pls love me (Polnareff)

4) Poupée de cire, poupée de son (France Gall)

5) El rey del Glam (Alaska y Dinarama)

6) Smile (Trini Lopez)

7) Katiusha (Soviet Army Choirs)

... and "La Vie en Rose" for UncleJoe.

Every band I ever played in did that inane "Mony Mony". A brutal song, but one that gets the crowd jumping.

Tsk, Tsk, Jr. "Mony Mony" a brutal song? How many other hits do you know that were inspired by an insurance company (Mutual of New York)?

Seriously though, even though I like Tommy James & The Shondells, "Mony Mony" was not one of their better efforts.

Let me add my welcome to the forum Night Owl. I'm a relative newbie also. The people here are great and I've already learned a lot. I hope to see more of your posts. As to your original question, I'll have to give it some more thought. :thumbsup:

"Country Joe" McDonald could raise the dead simply by saying:

"Gimme an F!" So, since Baghdad looks like Saigon to some, "The 'I'm Fixin' To Die Rag" would resonate across the decades. (And get you arrested!) However, a better choice would be "Mari-Mac" as done by Great Big Sea. (OK, stop scratching your heads, they're from Newfoundland and not everyone gets turned on by a fisherman celebrating his coming nuptials.) I bow to the conventional, doing Queen's "We Will Rock You." Then it's on to Sly Stone's "Dance to the Music." What happens after that is anybody's guess. :thumbsup:

I'd love to do some Elvis, but one, I don't think I could pull it off and two, a lot of kids don't have a clue about Elvis... so it's gotta be something they can relate to as well...

Or maybe I'd say screw 'em and sing what I want! :: By the way, how freaky is it that I talk about Elvis and Lisa Marie is on stage right now at the Grammy's?? ::

• 2 weeks later...

I would sing...

The village people - YMCA

The village people - Macho man

(although I'm 100% hetero, but euh those are fun to singXD)

Steppenwolf - born to be wild

sex pistols - god save the queen

queen - we will rock you

queen - bycycle race

mud - tiger feet

beatles - twist and shout

aretha franklin - respect

and more to comeXD