If you were performing on stage...

NightOwl

Hi All,

I was hoping you could help me with something. I've seen people like Robbie Williams on stage and do a few covers of the following songs: "Suspicious Minds" - "Song 2 (Woo Hoo)" - "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?" - and "Wonderwall"... and they all seem to really get the crowd going and singing along and stuff.

So, I was thinking, if you were the one on stage, what songs would you choose to cover in order to get the crowd revved up?

I'm looking forward to reading your suggestions/choices.

Much Love,

Jess :guitar:

Of course. But I mean, sometimes the audience likes to hear mini tributes (you covering a cool song here and there)...there's no shame in that. Lots of artists do that sort of thing.

So, that's what I'm looking for. I know Celine Dion covered "You Shook Me All Night Long" with Anastacia at the VH1 Divas Live show in 2002, I think. And Jessica Simpson covered "Higher Love" at the 2004 VH1 Divas Live.

Alright, Night Owl, here's how it is around here.

You are entitled to like whomever you choose. This place has people of all ages, who are fans of just about anything you can think of.

You didn't offend anyone. Believe me, hang around and you'll have plenty of oppourtunities to offend people. LOL.

It's common knowledge around here that I run like a scalded dog at the mention of Celine Dion. :laughing:

Hey, I'm a KISS fan, you think I don't take some heat for that?

Really, I wasn't coming after you. Hang around, ok?

By the way, there are some Celine Dion fans in here. I think UncleJoe likes her. Course, he's old and on the cusp of senility. LOL.

I'm jr. Welcome to Songfacts. There are refreshments in the lobby.

As, perhaps, the best looking guy in this group, I have a few suggestions:

While in a band a few years back, we did all the "standards"- Tush by ZZ Top, Hard to Handle ny Black Crowes, ect.

But when we really wanted to pump the crowd up, it was tunes like Jessie's Girl or Jenny Jenny (867-5309) that seemed to do the trick.

My suggestion to you, if you want to do cover tunes, do songs that you can't hear on the classic rock stations every single day.

Good luck!

Well, first off, this would have to be a song everyone knows well enough to sing along and that would take most choices I'd have gone with. Another thing's that I dunno if I'd want to start a show with someone else's song, BUT here are a few possible choices which I think are popular with other bands:

"I Want You To Want Me" from Cheap Trick

"All My Love" from Led Zep

"Hungry Like The Wolf" from D2

"Breaking The Law" from Judas Priest

"The Spirit Of Radio" by Rush :rockon:

These, I'd think would rev up most crowds. You could also try something a little less rock and roll oriented:

"Just Can't Get Enough" by Depeche Mode

"Friday, I'm In Love" by The Cure

You know the kind of college radio song that most adults now grew up with :headphones:

By the way, there are some Celine Dion fans in here. I think UncleJoe likes her. Course, he's old and on the cusp of senility. LOL

Jr., just for that remark I'm siccing Sammy on ya. I wouldn't park my car in its usual spot in the Songfacts lot if I were you.

Oh yes. I've stepped over the cusp, for sure. But, I'm not that senile. Celine Dion? Surely you jest?

Actually, I did like one of her albums. The one with Halfway To Heaven on it along with some other Jennifer Warren tunes. That girl can write!

Windy and edna...thank you both so much. The feeling is mutual. Don't you hate it when Jr. bullies me like that?

Well, if I was the one on stage and I was going to do a cover song there are a lot of things I would have to take into account before I chose. I am still young (seventeen) so I would figure my fans would be about the same age. Also, if they liked my music, they would probably like the music of my influences.

So I would probably play something that I really liked listening too. Something like.

"Date Rape" by Sublime (Anything by Sublime really.)

"Certain Shade of Green" by Incubus

"Come Original" by 311

"Longview" by Green Day

"Dust in the Wind" by Kansas

"The Unforgiven" (or) "The Unforgiven II" by Metallica

"Scar Tissue" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

Any probably a lot more. lol

Back home growing up we had a bunch of 30-something year-old guys in a band who played a lot of classic rock. Actually there name was "The Guyz", or something like that. Anyways, they had an AWSOME keyboard player ... I think his name was Jim ... and they played a kick-ass version of Edgar Winter's Frankenstein! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: