The spongebob square pants movie!!!!!

Jillianne

Couldn't agree more. I went through a phase as a young teen where I though secular music was "wrong." I listened to stuff like DC Talk, Steven Curtis Chapman and 4Him.

I'm soooo glad I got over it! ::

I don't think listening to Christian music is a "phase", I find that a bit offensive Elvish. I like Christian music, and non-Christian music too. No music is wrong.

Elvish said it was a phase for her, not as a general statement for everyone. It simply means that she liked it for a period of time and then grew tired of it. I've been through a couple musical phases in my lifetime. Although none of them involved Christian music.

Alrightee, another misunderstanding, again. :puppyeyes:

I don't think listening to Christian music is a "phase", I find that a bit offensive Elvish. I like Christian music, and non-Christian music too. No music is wrong.

Yes, you're jumping to conclusions again. As Addicted pointed out, I didn't say it was a phase for everyone, just that it was a phase for me. And I was referring to exclusively listening to Christian music, while being judgemental about other types of music. The "phase" was thinking that music other than Christian music was wrong. I was merely saying I'm glad I'm more open minded about that now.

And if you have read any of my posts, you'll know that offending others is never my intent - I love traditional gospel music. Ben Harper has an excellent CD out right now with the Blind Boys of Alabama called There Will Be a Light and it's great.

The problem I have these days with Christian pop music is the same problem I have with regular pop - in general it's watered down and not great music. (There are exceptions, of course). It does, however, have a better message than secular pop.

Hope that clarifies it for you, Karhul.

Yes, it does clarify it Elvish. I just didn't like the way you called Christian music a "phase". I thought you ment that in general, but my mistake, sorry. :rockon:

Simmer down, young Karhul. No need to get upset so easily. Think good thoughts. Repeat after me...

Judith...Stairway...Judith...Stairway...Judith...Stairway...

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I'm buying a stairway to Judith!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :jester:

You better not be!!!. I'm the one that should be doing it!!. But buying is giving love and great friendship.

:: :: :: :):(:o :: :D :: :: :: :: ;):P=:P :sleepy: :blah: :coolio: :googly: :shades: :bow: :headphones: :guitar: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :afro: :stars: :jester: :elvis: :help: :drummer: :beatnik: :beady: :laughing: :doh: :angel: :neener: :puppyeyes: :rockon: :jack: :happybanana:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

In general, I agree that the older cartoons are better than the new ones. There are a few notable exceptions, however. I often watch Johnny Bravo with my son. I think it's hysterical. I also like Courage The Dog and The Tick, although much of the humour in the latter is more adult oriented. As for the Spongebob movie, yesterday I took my 7 year old son and 5 year old daughter to see it. They thoroughly enjoyed it while I struggled to stay awake. The bit with David Hasselhoff was very funny though.

So Spongebob is gay. Who'd have thunk it? Perhaps someone should introduce him to that purple teletubbie. Or mabye, Bert or Ernie.

:doh:

or barney, the child molesting purple dinowhatever..always thought he had something going with that teletubby.... :rockon: