Dream Dinner Party

CanAm

Movie stars have often been portrayed (sometimes fairly, sometimes not) by the media as intellectual lightweights. I believe, however, that there are some very bright, knowledgeable and articulate celebrities and I'd like to know if you do too. If you could invite 5 movie/television personalities (past or present) to a dinner party, who would you choose and why?

I would select the following people to be my dinner companions:

Sean Connery - He is well read, opinionated and he is a fellow Scot. I may not agree with him about everthing, but he would be a lively, engaging dinner companion.

Jodie Foster - There are very few people in Hollywood who I respect more than her. She is very bright, articulate and I've always admired her refusal to become caught up in all the hype and superficiality that is so much a part of the movie industry.

Katherine Hepburn - She was, quite simply, a fascinating woman. She was her era's greatest actress and she would undoubtedly be able to regale her dinner companions with some interesting stories about the movie business.

Johnny Carson - I always loved his self-deprecating sense of humour and his wry wit. He would provide much needed comic relief if the conversation became too heated.

Sid Caesar - He is one of my all-time favourite comedians. I can't imagine any dinner party becoming too dull or serious with him in attendance.

:happybanana:

Sean Connery - He is well read, opinionated and he is a fellow Scot. I may not agree with him about everthing, but he would be a lively, engaging dinner companion.

my friends mom met him at a dinner party when he came to greece a few years ago, and she said he was great to chat to, and apparently he does not wear underwear (or so he told her)

my friends mom met him at a dinner party when he came to greece a few years ago, and she said he was great to chat to, and apparently he does not wear underwear (or so he told her)

What a strange thing to come up in conversation with someone you don't know!

I can't think of too many celebrities I'd like to have in my house for conversation....but here goes:

Tom Hanks - he just seems down to earth and naturally funny, and he would be polite and offer to help clean up afterwards, don't you think?

Kate Winslet - she is an individual among the cookie-cutter actresses of today and I think she'd be an interesting person to talk to.

Sarah, Duchess of York - I know she's not an actress, but when I see her on TV, she is eloquent, down to earth, funny and classy. She would make people forget she was "royalty" in 5 minutes.

Stephen King - just because I love his books.

Russell Crowe - despite his "bad boy" image, he is smart, intense, well-spoken and ......ah, who cares? I just want to look at him!!!!!!!