A buck here, a buck there. :)

Sara

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, we joined a new affiliate program for selling sheet music. You'll see the link on the detail page that shows the Songfacts for a song, right next to the links for ringtones and Amazon. If you ever have an inkling to buy some sheet music please use our link! Thanks! :)

smp_logo_click_100x30.gif

I only hope that Carl and Sara do whatever is necessary to keep Songfacts going. I don't care about the message boards, that's not what brought me here or kept me coming back -- it was the Songfacts. Separating one from the other is the best idea I ever heard! If the message board crashes who cares, but the Songfacts must go on, that's what this place is all about. It's what it should be all about!

Having links to the songs, albums and sheet music as well main page links to offset and better yet, hopefully completely cover the cost of operating this great site and maybe, just maybe kick something extra to Carl and Sara. While I know it's their passion and joy to operate this site without personal gain, it takes up a lot of their time and I would like to see them monetarily motivated as well. Why not?

And while I joked about it with the picture up above (come on you guys, seriously, wouldn't that be a nice place for a Songfacts party?) I know that it's not easy to make this site an economically effecient and independant entity.

So, as I have stated before, whatever it takes to keep the information on on this site available to the world, I say do it. We need it. It's just so damn cool! :shades:

Mike

I think I'd go into depression and withdrawal without songfacts.

I love the sheet music website though. They have all sorts of good sheet music which seems hard to find other places. Do you have an easier way to link to it without having to go into a song and follow the link that way? Can you put a link on the home page by any chance?

We're going to do it right with this new server. It's going to be all ours and should be very fast. Some of you have offered to make donations, which is very kind, but I think we'll be OK. The reason we need a new server is because we're getting so much traffic, which is a good thing.

So we´re becoming that well known!!! Good! It´s just fair... I read Willy Nelson gets involved in Diesel, maybe we could be sponsorised by him? :laughing: I just want this great site to work propperly and not sooooo slow... Thank you for all you´re doing, administrators! :thumbsup: