Singin' in the rain - Gene Kelly & Mint Royale

Earth-Angel

I'm trying to find somewhere I can download this song!

You can hear it here (and watch some funked up Gene Kelly footwork!). I know there are various dance compilations that have this as the song: Claire Voyant - Everafter (Singing In The Rain) J. Stephan Foster Mix... but I'm not sure if it is the one I am after. Apparently it is being used as a real car commercial somewhere out there. All the other sites that say they have MP3 versions or sound clips don't seem to want to co-operate with me today ::

Anyone know if this is the same version, or where I can get my paws on it? Ta ::

I think it's one of the best instances where they've taken an old classic and pepped it up! :thumbsup: I also have an awesome remake of a Doris Day song!

I found out some more info. The song is done by a dance duo called Mint Royale, and they intend to release the song, but as yet it is still just a commercial jingle. The CG animation of Gene Kelly's face as well as the use of the song and the dance routine (breakdance style) was approved and applauded by the Gene Kelly Foundation who own the rights to the movie and the song.

• 3 months later...

I agree with big man. I used to have kazaa lite (illegally), and there was a lot of crap and partial recordings. Also, there would be song that would be interrupted by this loud screeching.

I aced that, and installed limewire. Free, and legal. It's set up took a little getting used to, because I was so used to kazaa, but it's shared file's quality is 100 times better. I have yet to get a bad download from there.

But the point is, unless Limewire are paying each and every recording company, downloading their music is illegal. I wouldn't want jr to be under the assumption he is 'safe' when actually it's exactly the same as kazaa lite.

And yes everybody does do it.