Songs structures from beginning to end

Mike

The Animals song "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place" begins with an awesome baseline. It's simple but very catchy, Pink Floyds "Money" opens with a baseline also, a loop of paper/coins/bells officially opens the song, the base is the first instrument heard. I cannot think of any other songs that begin with the base alone, but I'm drawing a blank. Anyway, the reason I bring this up is the beginning of the song sets the tone, it makes or breaks the whole song really, I was just wondering if we could think of instances were something ruins the song, whether it be the beginning, middle or end of the musical structure and texture or even the lyrics can ruin an otherwise decent or good song.

I may incite some anger amoung the Pink Floyd fans for this one, but the alarm clock in Time really freaks me out, because I usually listen to Dark Side very late at night, because it gives me cool dreams when I fall asleep to it. Other than that alarm clock, the album is great to listen to late at night. Like now...