Your Feelings About the Band Rush

TrampledUnderFoot

My feeling about them is....eh. The vocals sound screechy at times, but they're ok. I have heard enough of their music to know it's not up my alley, but hey, to each his own.

There are a lot of people on the boards who are fans, though, so I'm sure they'll be along soon.

I love em, the bass, guitar and drumming is amazing and I for one enjoy the vocals. I even met them and they're some of the absolute nicest people I've ever met in person too.

They gave me an autographed picture of the band, Niel's signed and used drumsticks, Alex's pick, Geddy's pick since he started using one, 2 shirts, a keychain, flashing body pin, post card, poster and VIP front row seat tickets, upgrading from my last row ones. This was a reply to a note my mother was able to get backstage about a tragedy I had gone through in May 2004.

I also have all of Rush's albums and Geddy Lee's solo album My Favorite Headache, I love every song on each one, making them my all time favorite.

Geddy is my major bass influence as well.

I must say that I'm in the "not a big Rush fan" camp. I agree with those who hate Geddy Lee's vocals. A friend of mine is a huge Rush fan, and I accompanied him to a Rush concert in Toronto many years ago. Although I'm not fond of their music, they did put on a great live show. The drummer, is very, very good. :rockon:

Wow - for all of the knowledgable music people we have in here I can't believe there are no big Rush fans other than myself. They were / are one of the most talented groups ever to grace the scene. They are all top notch musicians and have lyrics that go way beyond the usual "do me baby" tripe that most rock bands play. I would rank them right up there with Zep, Who, Floyd etc.

Wow - for all of the knowledgable music people we have in here I can't believe there are no big Rush fans other than myself...

Uh... I used to use Permanent Waves as make-out music back in HS. I guess that doesn't go for much these days :jester: I'd prolly have to get married to the music too...

I mainly like everything from 1980 on up. I'm missing one or two from the 70s period.