Common Links

MindCrime

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, we need a band-aid on this thread. Maybe I should be prohibited from broadcasting anything even slightly offensive to anyone's intellect or philosophy of life? Of course, some people are way too easily offended, and seek to make sure other people aren't exposed to certain things.

The man's always trying to keep me down - damn censors. Gotta protect us from ourselves, after all.

OK, I'm spent. I'm going to clear my head, and try another channel.

:)

OK, we need a band-aid on this thread. Maybe I should be prohibited from broadcasting anything even slightly offensive to anyone's intellect or philosophy of life? Of course, some people are way too easily offended, and seek to make sure other people aren't exposed to certain things.

The man's always trying to keep me down - damn censors. Gotta protect us from ourselves, after all.

OK, I'm spent. I'm going to clear my head, and try another channel.

:)

Beg your pardon???:tongue: Come on, dasJohn, give us a hint... ;)

Edited by Guest

... or Gigilo...was that a cover?

Laurie!

Turn in your Songfacts badge!

"David Lee Roth recorded a word for word, note for note, solo for solo copy of Louis Prima's 1956 version of Just A Gigolo - I Ain't Got Nobody.

Just A Gigolo was originally recorded by jazz artist Ted Lewis in 1931. It also had been done by Bing Crosby, Les Brown & His Orchestra, Jaye P. Morgan, Sarah Vaughan, Carmen McRae, Louis Armstrong and others before Roth's 1985 hit."

-------------------------------

By the way, none of the songs you named are connected to the link. I guess I'll have to help the hint medicine go down with small doses of sugar (The 'covers' are all from one big-hearted source).

Hey Bazooka give me a break OK?....get the violins out for my sob story, coz it was 3:00 in the a.m when I was reading this and I just didnt have time to look that up, and another thing, I'm not a real big fan of David Lee Roth...so there :neener: and I'm gonna go have some coffee and I'll be back :jester: :jester: :jester:

and another thing, I'm not a real big fan of David Lee Roth...

Are there any?

I sure don't want be branded even a very small fan. What's with that little squeeze-toy squeak? He effed up all the 'covers' he's done (Beach Boys, Kinks, etc.), including the less well-known one in my question.

Louis Prima and Keely Smith. Now that was something!

I guess I'll have to interrupt my daydream. Because you're a younger girl, you'll probably need more hints about the source for the Cocker, Roth and Cassidy's remakes.

OK Laurie!

You can have your badge back -- but we're keeping the gun.

Looks like you made the link mere seconds before edna pounced.

just the facts, ma'am:

Joe Cocker (who pretty much does nothing but 'covers' in his own grand style) did both Darling Be Home Soon and Summer In The City.

Not only did David Cassidy cover Do You Believe In Magic, but his step-brother Shaun Cassidy outdid him with the same song (charted in the Top 40 in 1978).

And David Lee Roth effed up the Spoonful's Coconut Grove on the same album he effed up Just A Gigolo and California Girls.