Common Links

MindCrime

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel about 100 years old. I've NEVER heard of any of those 3 Groups, and neither have my 5 children or my son-in-law.

Well, Creedence Clearwater Revisited is the only one I knew (They're remnants of C C Revival performing the classic tunes that John Fogerty refused to for years). The rest was Google and knowing about edna's fondness for The Cars.

[*] Bob Marley

[*] Buck Owens

[*] Casey Kasem

.... but not The Kinks

Hmm! No idea. I wonder if The Kinks is a Red Herring? At first glance I thought it was something to do with the vowels in their names (none have an I except the Kinks). What else? Casey Kasem and Bob Marley were vegans, but surely a genuine Country Boy like Buck Owens would eat meat and animal products????

Casy Kasem was a DJ - we used to get his program here, although a couple of weeks later. Also he did one of the voices in the "Scooby Doo" cartoons and Buck Owens used to do "Hee Haw" with Roy Clark.

OK, 3 guesses: 1. They were all vegans 2. They all had TV roles. 3. They were all DJs at one time.

P.S. I refuse to Google.

Wild guess: They all made repeat performances on the Ed Sullivan Show - although I can't imagine what Kasey Casem would have done.

WHY am I saying this? Because The Kinks were blackballed by Ed Sullivan after Dave Davies got into an argument with the Producer (Ed's son-in-law). Nice to see him not fighting with his brother for once, although it cost The Kinks their chance at becoming the #3 Band of the British Invasion in the U.S. (behind The Beatles and The Stones).

Goodnight!

[*] Bob Marley

[*] Buck Owens

[*] Casey Kasem

.... but not The Kinks (Celluloid Heroes)

I don't want to be stingy with hints.

Had a hard time getting beyond the Songfacts home page to the message boards.

Add:

[*] Jon Provost

.... but not Frank Zappa & The Mothers (Magdalena)

A guess made for a previous Common Link is actually the correct answer in this case.

TO RECAP

Them what's down with it:

[*] Bob Marley

[*] Buck Owens

[*] Casey Kasem

[*] Jon "Timmy" Provost

[*] Beatles

[*] Godzilla

[*] 3 Stooges

Ain't got any:

- Kinks

- Zappa nor Mothers

- Stones

- Kong, BOC

- DeNiro

NEW HINTS

Terrazzo and brass.

They all have stars on Hollywood Walk of Fame?

You got it, sammy!

from answers.com

The Walk of Fame is maintained by the self-financing Hollywood Historic Trust. In order for a person to get a star on the Walk of Fame, he or she must agree to attend a presentation ceremony within five years of selection, and a $15,000 fee must be paid to the Trust; a 2003 FOX News story noted that the fee is typically paid by sponsors such as movie studios and record companies, as part of the publicity for a release with which the honoree is involved.

As of 2004, the total number of stars awarded is approximately 2,150.

See Who's on the streets (full of ironies) or you can make a nomination.

In the song Magdalena, Zappa correctedly identified "Jon Provost" (Timmy from the Lassie TV show) but also mentioned "Leo G. Carroll" (TV's Topper and Mr. Waverly on The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) who hasn't been awarded a Star.

I thought somebody used one similar to that in the past, so I didn't think that was the correct answer. But I knew Godzilla never had a hit song, so I figured it had to be something with movies. Okay, here's a new one:

What do these three women have in common:

Maureen Cox

Cynthia Powell

Patricia Boyd

ok

hoping this hasnt been asked yet, but if it has oh well...

jennifer lopez

faith hill

brittany spears

i really dont like that first question i asked so i'm gonnna do a two-fer if that's allowed

ok these three bands all have a certain place in common

mama's and papa's

simon and garfunkle

booker t and the mg's

Edna, are you implying that my questions are too easy? I do want to make sure that somebody answers them. I don't want to leave the thread hanging for days at a time. You understand.

Hell, I could make a question so tough that even the Lord himself couldn't answer it, but there wouldn't be any fun in that.

Laurie, I´m lost... I know Booker T & the MG´s played at the Atlantic City Pop Festival, the MM&PP played mostly everywhere and S&G... at the Fillmore? East, West? CBGB... no, that would be seventies...

I´ll have a break to look among my records, I have some live compilations...

jennifer lopez

faith hill

brittany spears

Pepsi commercials. Thinking Young, but not Neil*.

a certain place in common

mama's and papa's

simon and garfunkle

booker t and the mg's

The Hollywood Bowl?

----------------------------------

* Sat Apr 2, 9:24 AM ET Top Stories - AP

NEW YORK - Neil Young was treated for a brain aneurysm this week and remains hospitalized, although doctors expect a full recovery, his publicist said Friday.

The 59-year-old rocker underwent a procedure to treat it Tuesday night at a New York hospital, where he was expected to remain for a few more days, publicist Bob Merlis told The Associated Press.