Common Links

MindCrime

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ok, Old55. I was outside having a smoke anyways.

Here's my Common Link question:

What do these 3 bands have in common:

Cinderella

Poison

The Buoys

Since the first 2 bands were extremely popular and you will recognize them, I'll give you some info on the 3rd group for anyone that hasn't heard of them.

The Buoys were the group that recorded the Top 20 US hit "Timothy" in 1971. (#17 on the US Billboard chart)

There is an interesting SongFacts page about the song.

Read it here:

Timothy

Good morning, everybody! :shades: Pls, why don´t you post the questions for which I DO have the answer at a time I´m awake?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I´ll have to move to Australia or California... :happybanana: :happybanana:

Or just don't sleep so much Edna and stay on the computer until you doze off and hit your head on the keyboard like I do. :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh, I just sleep five hours or so...! But I´m a housewife...! :laughing: :laughing: :shades:

I'm single, and my daughter's never here, so I get to stay on as long as I want. I even have my food delivered so I don't have to leave this wonderful site. I'm still wide awake and I've been up for about... :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

ummm they all have songs about flesh, blood, cannibalism?

timothy

blood from a stone

letter from death row?.....did i get one right?

Not the answer, Laurie.

Although Timothy is about cannibalism, and Letter From Death Row mentions Hannibal Lector, Flesh and Blood does not. And vice versa about the blood and flesh.

The answer Is not about songs from these groups, it is a common link about the group themselves.

Could it be they were all "inventors"? Les Paul made THE guitar, Alan Freed somehow created the word "rock and roll" and Phil Spector build up a new sound...

I see Les Paul never was to blame, so that wouldn´t be what they have in common... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Could it be they were all "inventors"? Les Paul made THE guitar, Alan Freed somehow created the word "rock and roll" and Phil Spector build up a new sound...

I see Les Paul never was to blame, so that wouldn´t be what they have in common... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that's a good connection edna but not what i was looking for...HINT: Clevend Ohio

The Buoys, Brad? That was in very POOR TASTE. ;)

Hmmm! Alan Freed was a good "smokescreen" Laurie, because the first thing you think of regarding him and Cleveland is his "Moondog" R & B Radio Shows when he was a DJ there for about 5 years.

But on your last clue, it must be that they're all in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame?

Alan Freed (1986, Non-Performer), Les Paul (1988, Early Influence), and Phil Spector (1989, Non-Performer).

:guitar:

WHAT do these Songs have SPECIFICALLY in common? It's to do with Lyrics and Language.

She Loves You/ The Beatles

Mama/ Roy Orbison

In My Room/ The Beach Boys

If you know it, PLEASE do go into "Old 55's Ongoing Music Knowledge Quiz" and answer it there too. It's been up there all day and nobody can get it !

::

WHAT do these Songs have SPECIFICALLY in common? It's to do with Lyrics and Language.

She Loves You/ The Beatles

Mama/ Roy Orbison

In My Room/ The Beach Boys

Is it that the title is repeated twice in the chorus? I don't know and couldn't find the lyrics to "Mama", but at least that's what the other two have in common