controversial songs

jman14141414

I would like to make a list of controversial(that can mean anything racist, sexist, sataninc etc) songs, any help would be great.

Here's what I got so far...

Angel of Death-Slayer

Closer-Nine Inch Nails

Stairway To Heaven

Kim-Eminem

Kill you-Eminem

Stan-Eminem

Cop Killer-Body Count

All of As Nasty As They Wanna Be-2 Live Crew

Any song by Cannibal Corpse(does anyone really listen to them?!)

The Number Of The Beast-Iron Maiden

GWAR

Speak English Or Die!-S.O.D.

God Save The Queen-The Sex Pistols

Dead Kennedys

one that comes to mind is "Deanna" by Nick Cave, where he describes how he rapes her

also, not controversial per se, but people used to say that if you played "Hotel California" backwards, you could here the devil talk to you (doh!)

and, again, not controversial per se, but there was a Judas Priest song that acoording to some people has a the subliminal message "Do it" which led some kinds to suicide or mirder, cant remember what the song was called. there was a court case and everything.

Me and a Gun - Tori Amos is a song about her own rape.

Smack my bitch up - Prodigy. Rape, violence, drugs etc.

Chop Suey - System of a down. Religion and abuse.

90% of Black Metal.

Cake and Sodomy - Marilyn Manson.

Ebenezer Goode - The Shamen. Drug references galore.

ADIDAS - Korn. Dreaming about sex.

Independent love song - Scarlet. Lesbianism.

All the things she said - TATU. See above.

Janie got a gun - Aerosmith. Murder and abuse.

Bodies - Drowning pool. War.

Anything by RATM.

Yes it's F*cking political - Skunk Anansie

On my hotel TV - Skunk Anansie

Little baby SwastiKKKa - Skunk Anansie

Ok, alot of songs by Skunk Anansie!

Hmm...I shall have to think of some more. Gimme 5.

what song by Marilyn Manson isn't controverisal?? (covers aside). Eminem also loves to stir the pot.

N.W.A were very controversial with their songs 'F*** Tha Police' and 'Straight Outta Compton' lots of others. I think they were even being monitored by the FBI at some stage or got a warning off them or something.

Nine Inch Nails 1989 debut release "Pretty Hate Machine" is infamous for it?s views on underprivileged segregation through Reznor?s arrogant poetry. To me it?s an instant classic; PHM defined a moment in the genre?s circuit with its turn-style approach & innovative techniques.

Another controversial, yet humorous song is the obviously gagged ?In the Flesh? which received a large amount of criticism for it?s prejudices listed during the song.

Also, look for just about anything from Megadeth?s major label debut: Peace Sells, But Who?s Buying?

and, again, not controversial per se, but there was a Judas Priest song that acoording to some people has a the subliminal message "Do it" which led some kinds to suicide or mirder, cant remember what the song was called. there was a court case and everything.

It was the song "Better You Than Me" and the case was about about the parents of two teens(James Vance and Ray Belknap) who attempted suicide, Belkanp died, and Vance got severely disformed. The parents claimed that there was a "subliminal message" in the song that said "do it". The case was thrown out.(I think)

Bodies - Drowning pool. War.

Hmm I never knew that was about war...Thanks for that bit of an info

Also, look for just about anything from Megadeth?s major label debut: Peace Sells, But Who?s Buying?

Beside it's somewhat skewed perception of the world, I don't find it that controversial.

Thanks again all for songs :thumbsup:, keep em coming.

It was the song "Better You Than Me" and the case was about about the parents of two teens(James Vance and Ray Belknap) who attempted suicide, Belkanp died, and Vance got severely disformed. The parents claimed that there was a "subliminal message" in the song that said "do it". The case was thrown out.(I think)

they did, i watched a show about it on tv, it was totally ridiculous! also, now that i remember, they also had a queen song, dont remember what that one was, that supposedly said "smoke marijuana" or something like that.

When The Beatles "White Album" came out, there was the usual parental protests that it was evil and had vulgar language and references. Imagine that compared to today's music.

My parents bought into this hysteria and made my sister (then 16) bring it back to the store. Of course, I immediately went out (age 10) and bought another copy. My parents didn't care what I did.

The only "vulgar" stuff I could think of might be the inference of "Why Don't We Do It In The Road" and the word "damn" in "Piggies".

I'm sure my parents didn't pick up on the drug references such as "trying to make a dove tailed joint" in "Glass Onion" or "I need a fix" in "Happiness is a Warm Gun".

What else might somebody in 1968 have found controversial about the "White Album"??? :guitar: :happybanana: :drummer:

from cduniverse.com

?STAND!" was Sly & The Family Stone's fourth album, and contained the hits Everyday People and the title track. It also contained Sly's first foray into social/political songwriting with Don't Call Me *******, Whitey, which touches on black and white racism. Sly Stone was too busy having a good time and living life to the excess to begin to realize how influential his brand of funky soul would become. Early signs of rap also surfaced on this album.

George Michael's single "I Want Your Sex" is removed from the play lists of radio stations in Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Denver, and New York, because of its explicit sexual content. It is also banned in Britain by the BBC.

Olivia Newton John's hit "Physical" is banned from radio stations in Salt Lake City and Provo, Utah because its sexual innuendoes were found unsuitable for their Mormon audiences.

Rod Stewart's hit "Tonight's The Night" is removed from RKO radio play lists until the lyric "spread your wings and let me come inside" is edited from the song.

The Rolling Stones single "Star Star", from the "Goat's Head Soup" album, was banned from airplay on England's BBC because it contained the word "Star-f**ker" in the chorus. It's not just sung once, but the word is repeated a dozen times.

they did, i watched a show about it on tv, it was totally ridiculous! also, now that i remember, they also had a queen song, dont remember what that one was, that supposedly said "smoke marijuana" or something like that.

Another Bites The Dust and supposedly if you listen to it backwards you hear "smoke marijuana"...I never heard it though.

Another Bites The Dust and supposedly if you listen to it backwards you hear "smoke marijuana"...I never heard it though.

well i heard both this and the do it in the judas priest song, but thats only cos if you get told what you are going to hear, you hear it, its the only way to make sense of the "noise"

They had a show on telly here a little while ago that viewed banned and controversial music videos.

Rock bitch, Aphex twin, Prodigy, Frankie goes to Hollywood, NIN, Mortiis and 2 live crew were on it.

Controversy = record sales and public interest. No matter what the subject matter, if it causes a stir - people want to know about it.