Favorite Venue

fidelityfiend

I haven't seen a thread along these lines yet - what is your favorite venue for live music - a club or theatre or an arena that has a special meaning or is just the best place you have where you are..... My top three are as follows:

Jannus Landing www.jannuslanding.net the oldest music venue in FL

Ruth Eckerd Hall www.rutheckerdhall.com

Tampa Theatre www.tampatheatre.org

these are my favorite local places to see live shows. I know every area has their own.... what are yours?

Best venue I ever attended was Red Rocks Ampitheater in Denver. It's in the side of a mountain, and you walk a trail to get in, and the seats are carved into the rock. I saw Heart, Santana, U2, and Iron Maiden there. Awesome parties, each and every show.

The balconies of the Whiskey and

the Hollywood Palladium used to offer

ambience with a view. (This is the about the same time

Steven Stills was writing about the Sunset Strip riots with For What It's Worth)

The Troubadour Club was home to Linda Ronstadt .

Elton John opened in the US here, in the early '70s.

The Palomino Club - N. Hollywood (circa '60s -'70s) all country all the time :)

Emmylou Harris

Asleep At the Wheel

The Burbank Starlight Amphitheater

or Starlight Bowl. (Bob Marley '78 or so)

_ _ _

... Linda was more early-mid '70's

The balconies of the Whiskey and

the Hollywood Palladium used to offer

ambience with a view. (This is the same time

Steven Stills was writing about the Sunset Strip riots with For What It's Worth)

The Troubadour Club was home to Linda Ronstadt .

Elton John opened in the US here, in the early '70s.

The Palomino Club - N. Hollywood (circa '60s -'70s) all country all the time :)

Emmylou Harris

Asleep At the Wheel

The Burbank Starlight Amphitheater

or Starlight Bowl. (Bob Marley '78 or so)

The Whiskey and The Troubadour.

I don't get out much anymore. I try to go to the smallest venue so I can be closer to the artist and get a good view of the whole performance. So far, The Key Club in Hollywood and Humphreys By The Bay have been the best ones since those are the ones I've gotten the closest to the bands :)

i agree that the best venues are outdoors.

my favourite venue in athens is on a hill, where you can see the whole of the city, its got an amazing view. Also, the Herodeion ancient theatre is fantastic, although its for more posh events, for example i saw Vanessa Mae there.

In london, i saw the cure in Hyde Park, and that was great. Brixton academy, which is one of the standard venues in london, is pretty cool too, its some sort of old theatre.

I also think that vast indoors spaces are terrible venues for gigs for short people like me, unless you run to the front when the doors open and hold on to the rail, you have no chance...

I have only been to two places to see concerts: I saw Metallica at the Sydney Entertainment Centre and I saw KISS and The Eagles at the Sydney Superdome. All three shows were sell-outs, so in that way it was great but the entertainment centre and the superdome are your standard big concert/sporting/convention stadiums. I would like to see a band at the SCG (Sydney Cricket Ground) or the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) because of the oudoor factor that a few people have already mentioned.

If I could go back in time, I would like to have seen the original line-up of KISS at Cobo Hall, The Ramones at The CBGB, U2 at Red Rocks, The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park, The Beatles rooftop concert and Bruce Springsteen at the SCG.

:happybanana: