Popular Spanish Based songs??

Cheryl36195

"Simon Says" by Chayanne

"No Controles" by Flans

"Subidon" by Fey

"Nena" by Miguel Bose

Before I keep going, what kind of tone are you looking for? 'Cause you could do just as well and get some Gypsy Kings and listen to some real spanish-sounding Flamenco music :guitar: Or you could get some Vicente Fernandez and listen to Mariachi. There's also Juan Luis Guerra Y El Grupo 440 who sing Bachata music. Salsa and other tropical music from bands like Sonora Dinamita. You could even venture into Tex-Mex and Nortenyo music, but you gotta have an iron stomach to listen to something that heavy in accordions and tone-deaf vocals ;) There's so many ways to go from here... I only gave you songs that are in spanish, but are pop songs.

Santana - Black Magic Woman or Oye Como Va are good

Ah. If this is the sort of music, then you'd also like War, Malo, Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys, and a lot of Freestyle artists like Johnny O, Timmy T, Expose, Safire, and The Covergirls :headphones:

The Mexican Hat Dance? :jester: :laughing: :laughing:

" ! La raspa la aprendi... en Mejico cuando fui !

La raspa la aprendi... en Mejico cuando fui

Y la aprendi asi:

Hay mama me duele la muela porque anoche comi ciruela,

Hay papa me duele el diente porque la leche esta muy caliente"

"Pajaritos a volar, la colita a remover, la colita a remover

*clap clap clap*

Es dia de fiesta, bailen sin parar..." :happybanana:

"La cucarachaaaaaa ::

Ya no puede caminar

Porque le faltaaaaa

Una Dos Equis para andar" :happybanana:

What style are you looking for?

Folk, Cuban, rock, flamenco, pop?

I can think of these right now:

Mex. Folk : La Bamba, La Cucaracha, Cielito Lindo, Las Mañanitas, anything by Pedro Infante or Jorge Negrete

Cuban: Angelitos Negros, Maria Cristina, Esperanza, anything by Antonio Machín, Ibrahim Ferrer, or Buena Vista Social Club, Bebo Valdés, Pérez Prado

US pop-rock: Anything by Santana, Suavecito (Malo), Los Lobos, Maná, (José Feliciano ?)

Flamenco: Paco de Lucía, Niña Pastori, Camarón, Enrique Morente, Estrella Morente, El Lebrijano, El Cigala

Pop: Alejandro Sanz, Miguel Bosé, Luz Casal, Amaral, Mocedades, Golpes Bajos, Alaska, Tequila

Spanish folk: Los Sabandeños (Canary Islands), Hevia (Asturian Bagpipe), Orfeon Donostiarra (Habaneras - seamen's songs), Tunas of any University (Clavelitos, Fonseca, No te enamores Compostelana, etc.)

I'll probably remember a million more in a while.

Alaska y Dinarama is the best spanish group. they wrere "y los Pegamoides" before and now it´s "Fangoria". I love them (I really do coz some of them have been good friends of mine) It´s kind of funky but if you an download them, great. Fangoria did the whole arrangements for that awfull "Macarena" and los del Río (the ones who sung it) didn´t want to pay the royalties or something and they´ve been sued... bad boys, tss...

Alaska y Dinarama is the best spanish group. they wrere "y los Pegamoides" before and now it´s "Fangoria". I love them (I really do coz some of them have been good friends of mine) It´s kind of funky but if you an download them, great. Fangoria did the whole arrangements for that awfull "Macarena" and los del Río (the ones who sung it) didn´t want to pay the royalties or something and they´ve been sued... bad boys, tss...

Hey Edna, I totally agree! Alaska & Dinarama and Alaska & Los Pegamoides were the best pop-rock act in this country ever.

The songs "Bailando", "A quíén le importa", "Ni tú, ni nadie" are incredible in as all aspects, the lyrics, the melody, the rythm, just perfect!

For those of you who understand Spanish:

BAILANDO

Bailando.

Me paso el día bailando.

Y los vecinos mientras tanto.

No paran de molestar.

Bebiendo.

Me paso el día bebiendo.

La coctelera agitando.

Llena de Soda y Vermut.

Tengo los huesos desencajados,

el fémur tengo muy dislocado;tengo el cuerpo muy mal,

pero una gran vida social.

Bailo todo el día,

con o sin compañía.

...Muevo la pierna, muevo el pie,

muevo la tibia y el peroné;muevo la cabeza, muevo el esternón,

muevo la cadera siempre que tengo ocasión.

Tengo los huesos desencajados,

el fémur tengo muy dislocado;tengo el cuerpo muy mal,

pero una gran vida social.

Bailando... (Alaska y los Pegamoides, 1982)

:happybanana: :happybanana: :guitar: :drummer:

The best to come from Spain is Miguel Bose! I think he wasn't born in Spain, though. So add Miguel Gallardo and Camilo Sesto into the mix ::

Thank you very much, Teresa!!!!! I see we agree on that too... maybe you know them too, or their first managers, who are from Gijon too?

TripleJuan, you really like Miguel Gallardo? I can´t believe you... I understand you might like Miguel Bose, which I don´t like at all, and Camilo Sesto who is so kitsch now (we hated him in the 70s...) but I don´t believe it about Miguel Gallardo...

I lied. It's all about Jose Luis Perales :guitar: He's the best. The fast-paced guitar at the end of "Y Te Vas" is classic Spanish Romantic balladeering.

Most def. I love Miguel Gallardo's muzak :headphones:

"Hoy Tengo Ganas De Ti"

"Tu Amante O Tu Enemigo"

"Muchachita De Ojos Tristes" :puppyeyes:

"Otro Ocupa Mi Lugar" :puppyeyes:!

Camilo Sesto :rockon:

I see we agree on 80´s brit music but not on spanish one... Do you know the argentinian bands from the60s? Los Gatos, Almendra...

And another question: do you have any trouble to get into songfacts? It seems the server also leaves for weekends... :stars:

I see we agree on 80´s brit music but not on spanish one... Do you know the argentinian bands from the60s? Los Gatos, Almendra...

And another question: do you have any trouble to get into songfacts? It seems the server also leaves for weekends... :stars:

Yeah. This site's busted.

I have heard of them. I don't have any music by them. I have some Leonardo Favio...

:headphones: "Hoy corte una flor..." :headphones:

Yes, well, that´s another kind of music, I know him too... I was asking because my hubby has a tape in his car with those argentinian bands (which I knew very bad coz I was a kid when I lived there, but some friends gave him that tape) and they were very good. There is one guy called Litto Nebbia and a keyboard player, Ciro Fogliatta (who lives in Spain since many years ago) they were on this band, Gatos, and I like it... pop from the 60s...

The best to come from Spain is Miguel Bose! I think he wasn't born in Spain, though. So add Miguel Gallardo and Camilo Sesto into the mix ::

I beg to differ. If Miguel Bosé is the best and Miguel Gallardo and Camilo Sesto are cool, we're not on the same wave length. By the way, Miguel Bosé was born in Panama by chance, because his father (bullfighter Luis Miguel Dominguín) was touring Latin America that spring, before bull fighting season started in Spain. His godfather was none other than Pablo Ruiz PICASSO.

Teresa, I always thought that he was born there so he wouldn´t make his military service... he had the double-citizenship (at least, that´s what I was told by common friends...)

What about "Spanish stroll" by Mink de Ville? "Spanis Eyes" by... help me...????