When was that song released?

Otokichi

It's an iTunes thing: I'd like to put a singer/group/composer's work in perspective via a Smart Playlist. I've been buying compilations as much as originals, and song data can be lacking. An example: "Unforgettable," a 25 track compilation of Nat King Cole's work has a message from Maria Cole, composer names, but not much else. On the other hand, "Little Richard: The Georgia Peach" is a chapter-and-verse-type of compilation, where one could troll eBay for the specific 45 if needed. Looking up CD track data at Grace Note sometimes reveals less information than the CD dust jacket! A Google! search works sometimes, as does digging around All Music or web sites put up by the artist/fans/record companies. Any other suggestions for this non-problem? By the way, looking up Hawaiian music data can be even more interesting. :beatnik:

This is an OK site except for one little thing...the artist/song may not be listed. (e.g.: "I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song" by Jim Croce.) But one can keep hoping that someone might recall how much Nat King Cole sold the rights to "Straighten Up and Fly Right" to keep his car on the street. Well, back to BMI, ASCAP, etc. :stars: