WILCO!!!

mberns

Hello!

I'm brand new to this site and have zero idea who likes who, or anything of that nature.

Anyway, just in case, I'd like to spread the Word about Wilco.

I'm sure most, if not all, of you have heard of them, but I still think I should bring them up.

I swore by U2 from late grade school (around the Joshua Tree time) till I got out of college, but over this past year have really fallen in love with Wilco. I was always of fan of theirs all the way back to their Uncle Tupelo roots, but really started getting into them recently and now I'm convinced they're the best band of my generation.

I'm fully aware that's quite the biased statement, but I if that will help others listen, it's the least I could do.

What are people's thoughts regarding Wilco? Any fans? Haters?

Thanks

:coolio:I concur mberns, wilco IS the best band of our generation, the broke-ass generation.

It's tough to last in this business without turning one's music into crap for the corporate radio machine. Luckily, there is a band, and by this band, I mean wilco, that can tour nearly non-stop and enjoy doing so, because they know the audience's perception is key to true art. This is not some pre-packaged material that takes little to no thought to enjoy.

Thank Jebo for Wilco!!!

I have a couple of Wilco titles - Being There, and YHF in my collection, also most of the Uncle Tupelo and Son Volt catalogues as well. Tweedy and Farrar were much better together IMO, tho I really like both of their releases from the Wilco and Son Volt bands. I believe the tension between the two really played a big part in the music they made together. I think Anodyne is a classic and far superior to any thing that followed from either camp.