New Home Page

Carl

Hi All.

We tweaked the Songfacts home page a little. Our designer (OK, Sara), came up with a nice look. The big block in the middle that was a giant link to our message boards has been replaced with Music Of Choice, The Mighty Songfacts Trivia Quiz and Musical Brain Games. Here's the reasoning:

The boards are getting lots of traffic, so we don't need such a prominent link on the home page. If you want to get to the boards from that page, you can use the text link on the left. We put a lot of effort into The Mighty Songfacts Trivia Quiz, and it's a very popular feature among those who take it. Song Fallacies and Lyrical Pursuit are the "Musical Brain Games" (you should hear the ideas we rejected). They are great games. Since we opened Lyrical Pursuit for entries, we've gotten a bunch of great ones, and there are now well over 1,000 questions. We'll open Fallacies up for user entries as soon as we get around to writing the code.

Music Of Choice is a new feature. We thought it would be a good way to spotlight some great albums and make us a few bucks in the process. Every 2 weeks, we'll pick 5 albums based on your suggestions in the forum we set up for it. Those will make it to the home page with links to their Amazon pages. If anyone buys them or does further shopping on Amazon, we make a small commission. This also serves as a "Thank You" to musicians and songwriters who take the time and speak with us about their songs.

On the left are links to 5 ring tones. These are automatically updated using a complicated Dutch algorithm to determine optimum scalability. Actually, I don't know how it works, but it displays popular ring tones. We get a commission on those as well.

We should have the new page up soon. It keeps snowing here so we have some time to sit around and work on the site. By the time you read this it might be up.

Please let us know what you think of the new look.

Personally - I love it!!

Sara you have out done yourself!! Have a hot fudge sundae ..with extra whipped cream!!

I especially like the raised letter look - quite a nice touch.

Keep up the great work you two, as the Beatles once said ...It's getting better all the ti-i-ime, better, better, be-eh-tter :headphones: :thumbsup:

Mike

I like it, as well. I can click into Amazon without having to come back here later. Just minimize the screen.

Plus, it's the first thing you see, so naturally, you're going to read it.

Also, once a person clicks one of the cds, they're in amazon...which helps this site. Pretty sneaky. :)