Recommendations for List #2

Sara

Audioslave - Audioslave

The best of RATM and the best of Soundgarden. A really awesome album that combines rock riffs and incredible vocals. Not as 'heavy' as RATM, but fans of both popular bands will enjoy the perfect blend. Standout track are Cochise, Like a stone, Set it off, I am the highway and Shadow on the sun. Chris Cornell's vocals more than replace Zach De la Rocha's, they really enhance the music and add an interesting edge to their 'trademark' sound. Good for a listen as well as a party, you can't go wrong with this one.

Innervisions - Stevie Wonder

There are many debates as to which Stevie record is the greatest. You pretty much can't go wrong with any of them, pre-eighties. Personally, I love Innervisions the most. It is an amazingly cohesive record...the songs just flow into one another. This was released in 1973 when Stevie was truly coming into his own, finding his own brand of funk and soul. It is filled with a great mix of personal songs of love and heartache as well as songs about important social issues, such as drug abuse and racism. The most played songs from the record are "Higher Ground" and "Living for the City", but every track deserves to be recognized. One of my favorites is "Vision"...

People hand in hand

Have I lived to see the milk and honey land?

Where hate's a dream and love forever stands

Or is this a vision in my mind?

Stevie may be blind, but that brother can truly see. :bow:

Wicked Game ~ Chris Isaak

1.Wicked game 2.You owe me some kind of love 3.Blue Spanish sky 4.Heart shaped world 5.Heart full of soul 6.Funeral in the rain 7.Blue hotel 8.Dancin' 9.Nothing's changed 10.Voodoo 11.Lie to me 12.Wicked game (Instrumental)

Issued as a compilation of three earlier albums, it contains some deliciously different music even in the most blatantly nostalgic moments. For tender beauty, nothing here comes close to the title track where his voice soars and falters in an immaculate outpouring of emotion to create a most poignant love ballad.

I'm going to suggest 'Word Gets Around' by the Stereophonics.

It is a collection of songs about life in a small town, containing such greats as 'More life in a tramp's vest', Local boy in the phtograph' and 'Not up to you'. If you've ever grown up in a small town where there is nothing to do and everybody knows each other far too well, you will appreciate the album tremendously.

Regards

Wicked Game ~ Chris Isaak

1.Wicked game 2.You owe me some kind of love 3.Blue Spanish sky 4.Heart shaped world 5.Heart full of soul 6.Funeral in the rain 7.Blue hotel 8.Dancin' 9.Nothing's changed 10.Voodoo 11.Lie to me 12.Wicked game (Instrumental)

Issued as a compilation of three earlier albums, it contains some deliciously different music even in the most blatantly nostalgic moments. For tender beauty, nothing here comes close to the title track where his voice soars and falters in an immaculate outpouring of emotion to create a most poignant love ballad.

Do compilations count as albums? It's a great choice, but if albums is what they want, then try Baja Sessions. It's an album of covers of oldies and will ease on any new listener to want more :headphones:

Well, Carl, remember that free sampler you got from Marillion.com that you said was good stuff? What better to recommend than a terrific cd people can sample for free?

I could go on for days about why I think everyone should listen to Marillion, but in the end, you have to hear it for yourself to decide, and where's the harm in having a cd sent to you with no strings attached? :D

Well, Carl, remember that free sampler you got from Marillion.com that you said was good stuff? What better to recommend than a terrific cd people can sample for free?

I could go on for days about why I think everyone should listen to Marillion, but in the end, you have to hear it for yourself to decide, and where's the harm in having a cd sent to you with no strings attached? :D

That Marillion CD was a really good one too! It arrived a few weeks after I ordered it, and it was worth the wait fer'sure! :thumbsup:

So just any CD we think is good eh? Well in that case, "How the West Was Won" by Led Zeppelin. It's my favorite CD, and if lots of people buy it, maybe Led Zeppelin won't have to sell their music to commercials anymore!
I love that album so much too!!!!. It is the best live album I have ever heard!!!.

Fact: Led Zeppelin are better live!!!!!.

Lots of great suggestions. Here's what we went with:

Chris Isaak - The Baja Sessions

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions

Led Zeppelin - How The West Was Won

The Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible

R.L. Burnside - Bothered Mind

We tried to go with a nice mix of styles. In one of the future lists, I'd like to get Operation Mindcrime and Grace in there, as well as some of the other suggestions.