OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

RB Greaves...take a letter maria?.....for some reason that popped into my head ::

I'd like to hire a "Secretary" too ! I told my Wife the Secretary could double as a maid and wear a nice, neat little uniform. Really - my typing is hopeless! :laughing:

Gees, I put on a couple of tougher questions and everyone disappears! This one isn't THAT difficult. CLUE:The song charted as a Country Hit (for someone else) before it before it became an even Bigger Hit over a year later (for someone else again) on the Pop Charts. :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin, I may be old but I'm still breathing. ::

I just changed my CLUE around a little bit (two posts above) if you'd like to check it out again. Also, I'm posing another Question "B" below. :)

CURRENT QUESTION (A)

Which famous Singer/Songwriter wrote a song about his Producer's secretary? (Well, not really ABOUT her, but using her name as the basis of the song).

:stars:

I also thought of Neil Young, but I don´t know as a duo...

Barry Gibb? He sang alone, a duo with his survivor brother (or with Maurice when Robin left for awhile, or with barbra...), trio with Bee Gees, four when their drummer left and five when they had also Vince Melouney.

Do you mean Fresh Air? That' wasn't a novelty song, Sammy.

It could be considered one; it's not really about "fresh air". I thought there was a moment in the song where he breathes deeply (not actually catching a breath, but "expelling" one).

I really thought I had that one. *In my best Herman Munster voice* - DARN, DARN, DARN, DARN, DARN, DARN!!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :thumbsdown:

Question B: Paul McCartney

:coolio: CONGRAULATIONS UNCLE!! PAUL IT IS. :) :)

Solo...by his own self

Duo...w/Michael Jackson or w/Stevie Wonder

Trio...with remaining Beatles after John's death +

Quartet...Beatles

Quintet...Wings ++

+ I don't think he ever recorded a Hit with the remaining Beatles?

At one stage in 1977 Wings was down to a Trio briefly (when they recorded Mull Of Kintyre/Girls' School).

++ I always thought of Wings as a quartet. Maybe they did have some "overlap" with band changes in the early 70s. For "Quintet" I was thinking 1969's "Get Back/ Don't Let Me Down"; it was shown as "The Beatles With Billy Preston". Also, The Beatles played (as The Beats) with Tony Sheridan on vocals and some of those songs became Hits when they were re-released . :)

THANKS TO MY FRIENDS WHO PARTICIPATED!

Some good answers on Question A, but haven't got it yet. :)

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT RE THIS MONTH'S QUIZ !!!

Our daughter,son-in-law and two grandchildren are arriving next Wednesday 23rd our time for Easter. My "office" will be converted into a bedroom for my grandaughter, and I can't see me sitting here posting questions then. SO...

THIS MONTH'S COMPETITION WILL CLOSE AT 3.00 PM TUESDAY 22ND, SONGFACTS TIME.

Just 6 days left. The Winner will receive some Rock Stamps of his/her choice.

:guitar:

UPDATED POINTS (NOT including Participation Points from Question A)

Kevin28776 65

Brad37732 59

Elvish 37

miamisammy 32

UncleJoe 28

edna 28

swlabr 24

Windy1 23

Laurie35451 19

jrownsdega 15

bluesboy 12

rico 10

katie sane 9

Jenny 6

Annabelle 5

earth-angel 5

bazooka 5

HDThoreau 3

TrampledUnderFoot 2

addictedtoclassic 2

Foxy1983 1

Tenacious Peaches 1

CURRENT QUESTION

Which famous COUNTRY Singer/Songwriter wrote a song about his Producer's secretary? (Well, not really ABOUT her, but using her name as the basis of the song). And what was the song? Her name's in the Title.

There's bits of helpful information on the previous page if you'd like to have a look at them. Good Luck! :)

Thank you Darryl. I'll take the points. My aim is to catch Kevin. Oops, did I say Kevin? I meant to say Sammy.

AND

+ I don't think he ever recorded a Hit with the remaining Beatles?

At one stage in 1977 Wings was down to a Trio briefly (when they recorded Mull Of Kintyre/Girls' School).

For the record:

1996 Grammy: Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal...Free As a Bird, The Beatles.

I've been trying to get in here for HOURS!They need a NEW Server!

Wait! I think I know this - is it Kris Kristofferson's "Me & Bobby McGee?"

:coolio: WELL DONE ELVISH! THAT"S THE ONE! :D :D

Roger Miller had a Country Chart Hit with it first, and then of course Janis Joplin took it to Pop #1 in early 1971."Bobby" being short for either Robert or Roberta, respectively? :)

Thanks Uncle! You're quite correct about Paul McCartney joining with the other two Beatles to record songs after John's death. :bow: SORRY!

John had recorded vocal demos in 1977 for "Free As A Bird" and in 1979 for "Real Love", and Paul, George and Ringo added backing vocals and instrumentation in 1995/96. :)

Hi OLD55 and everyone. i have had much trouble logging on to this board and finally got connected when i am too sleepy to contribute. i hope the glitches are fixed soon :)

Anyway i will go ahead and make a wild guess about the songwriter/producer

"My Name's Not Lisa" by waylon jennings

IF You're able to get into here.....

Probably the new advertising links slowing everything down! (The Jolly Green Things).

:thumbsdown:

QUESTION A

"Your prowess doesn't mean sh**. If I had seven octaves and nothing to say, it wouldn't be worth anything".

Which Singer/ Songwriter, who promised so much, said this?

::

QUESTION B - Courtesy of jr. Thanks My Friend. NO Songfacts Staff allowed to participate. :)

Which VERY famous singer/songwriter had his/her photo on the cover of two consecutive issues of Rolling Stone Magazine in the mid-eighties?

CURRENT POINTS

Kevin28776 66

Brad37732 59

Elvish 42

miamisammy 33

UncleJoe 28

edna 28

swlabr 25

Windy1 23

Laurie35451 20

jrownsdega 15