OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVE Roy Orbison Windy and Dusty Springfield Sammy, but not them. This person was VERY diverse in choice of songs. He/she just about covered all genres of the era. Didn't have the greatest voice in the world, but could cover a song and make it his/her own. :)

Keep trying please. You're bringing back so many great memories. I have "Best Of" compilations of most of the Artists you've named, so you read me pretty well. :)

* To narrow it down a little, he/she

- NEVER had a Hit in the 1950s.

- Hit with self written songs and covers of old Bluesmen/ R&B greats, Country, Soul, Rock, Motown, etc. songs in the earlyish 60s to latter 70s.

RECAPPING THE QUESTION (WITH A COUPLE OF AMENDMENTS)

WHO is this famous Artist of the 1960s (WAS NOT a Group member, so that narrows it down a little). He/she was a singer/songwriter and also produced some fine acts.

He/she was primarily famous in the earlyish 60s and then into the latter 70s. NEVER had a Hit in the 50s. He/she was very diverse in choice of material, combining self written songs with covers of old Bluesmen, R&B greats, Country, Soul, Rock, Motown songs.

:guitar:

NO MORE THAN 2 Guesses per post please. (But there's nothing to stop you doing a few posts though!) :)

WE KNOW IT'S NOT

Dusty Springfield

Ray Charles

Marvin Gaye

James Brown

Aretha Franklin

Elvis Presley

Stevie Wonder

David Ruffin

Neil Diamond

Ry Cooder

Roy Orbison

Paul Anka

Perry Como

Bobby Vinton

Andy Williams

Ricky Nelson

Dionne Warwick

Janis Joplin

Kris Kristofferson

Carole King

Del Shannon

When the going gets tough........... ::

Moe Howard?

Larry Fine?

AND CURLY! WOO WOO WOO. =:P

My wife and daughter won't let me show my "Three Stooges" videos to my grandaughter in case she starts poking other kids in the eyes at Kindy.

CLUE TIME

HE always played his guitar while performing, but he's not a reknowned guitarist. Some of his hits were recorded live at the Club where he starred. People queued for blocks to see him in the 60s.

:guitar:

We're going out for a few hours. I'll check to see if someone's got it when we return. There's been some really great answers, but don't forget he was only known as a solo artist, although he did perform with a little known group in the late 50s. :)