OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

Caddyshack - "I'm Alright" - Kenny Loggins

:coolio: CONGRATULATIONS BRAD! That's the one. :) :)

I think that puts you back in the lead, or at least equal with Kevin? I'll go in and update the points for the last 2 questions now, and also post another question.

:coolio:

AND 2 points for an "Honorable Mention" to Bazooka. Very impressive! :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that a comedy? I never saw it. I heard the Phil Collins song, and didn't see it as a general protest of his selling out.

:laughing: :laughing: It was, in that it was a crap drama , and an annoying theme song that drove me bananas when it came out ! Way to dis it Brad, even unintentionally, you've made my day ! :thumbsup:

CURRENT POINTS:

Kevin28776 46

Brad37732 46

Elvish 35

edna 22

Windy1 20

miamisammy 17

UncleJoe 16

Laurie35451 15

jrownsdega 14

katie sane 9

Jenny 6

Annabelle 5

earth-angel 5

bazooka 4

swlabr 3

TrampledUnderFoot 2

addictedtoclassic 2

HDThoreau 2

Tenacious Peaches 1

bluesboy 1

Kevin and Brad are still locked together at the Top.

Back after the big Horse Race now. About 15 minutes?

Our great 3 year old sprinting filly ALINGHI just beat the best 3 year old colt. That was her last run in Australia. She's headed for the U.S. Don't forget you heard it here first! 6 furlongs to a mile is her pet distance.

:thumbsup:

Good idea Kevin. I'm going outside for another smoke and when I come back in, it's another beer and popcorn.

I feel like I should be posting this in the "rate the activity thread" but it's like intermission at the movies. Old 55 takes a break and we all run for the concession stand. :laughing:

NEW QUESTION

In the early 70s, a U.S. Record Company President (who was also a renowned Musician) announced that he was "dropping" 18 acts because their music advocated drug use. Who do you think that might have been? This is probably on Google somwhere, but I haven't bothered checking.

::

Not David Geffen Mate. No, I haven't had a bet in years, although at one stage in my younger years I was toying with the idea of being a Bookmaker (they're legal here).

You'd know the Melbourne Cup, Australia's most famous race? The mare that won the last two just cantered away with a big race, and now she's headed for Japan! Her name is Makybe Diva (pronounced muh-ky-be). :)

Mike Curb
:coolio:CONGRATULATIONS BRAD! :) :)

Now we have an outright leader! 5 Points to you and 1 to Kevin and swlabr. It was when he was President of MGM Records in 1970. Did you know he was Karen Carpenter's boyfriend many years ago? :)

I'll just take a bit of a break and try to think up a really good question. See you all soon.

::

Not bloood! Bring me more body parts before the next storm Igor!

UPDATED POINTS

Brad37732 51

Kevin28776 47

Elvish 35

edna 22

Windy1 20

miamisammy 17

UncleJoe 16

Laurie35451 15

jrownsdega 14

katie sane 9

Jenny 6

Annabelle 5

earth-angel 5

bazooka 4

swlabr 4

TrampledUnderFoot 2

addictedtoclassic 2

HDThoreau 2

Tenacious Peaches 1

bluesboy 1

NEW QUESTION

How about another Movies one? Another 80s Comedy which starred a Musician and his beautiful actress Wife. What was the movie and who were the two stars?

:headphones:

"Caveman" with Ringo Starr and Barbra Bach !!!!
BLOODY HELL! HOW COULD YOU PICK THAT FIRST TRY????

:coolio:CONGRULATIONS KEVIN! :) :)

Now that's made you two guys on level pegging, so I'm taking a break to watch the News, Sport and Australian Swimming Championships on TV. I'll put on some Questions for our European friends (and you, if you're still awake) in about 4/5 hours time.

Gee it's hard to use any Quotations - I tried about 12 today and they ALL came up on Google. So if I can find them, I reckon anyone could. That "Lamont Dozier" one came from an interview in the fine U.K. music/entertainment magazine "UNCUT".

Take Care!

:thumbsup:

I still think I deserve a VC, or at least +5 points for that question ! Quest for the Holy Grail ---my ass ! " Well done ,Sir Galahad, You have found the holiest relic unto which the Christian world can unite and live in peace --- 5 points !?!?!?" :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :angel:

CURRENT POINTS

Brad37732 52

Kevin28776 52

Elvish 35

edna 22

Windy1 20

miamisammy 17

UncleJoe 16

Laurie35451 15

jrownsdega 14

katie sane 9

Jenny 6

swlabr 5

Annabelle 5

earth-angel 5

bazooka 4

TrampledUnderFoot 2

addictedtoclassic 2

HDThoreau 2

Tenacious Peaches 1

bluesboy 1

NEW QUESTION A

WHO was told "Don't Look_ _ _ _ _" by which singer in which song ???

:doh: