OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

:laughing: Well, that could very well be, for all I know ( or care ) . Likely, we'll all have to settle for whatever source Old55 is using... which could very likely say the same thing you just wrote as the question seems to be pointing in that direction as well ! :)

I'm merely after the participation points as this seems locked up already. :thumbsup:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm merely after the participation points as this seems locked up already. :thumbsup:

A VERY WISE MAN! THOSE PARTICIPATION POINTS ARE SO IMPORTANT! :) Yes, I do use Joel Whitburn's "Top Pop Singles" as my reference book, and their Chart positions are taken solely from the BILLBOARD Chart, where "Battle Hymn Of The Republic" peaked at #13. I'm sure it would have a different position in the CASHBOX Charts, but I don't know it. Also, I'm giving UncleJoe 2 points for the "Edward Hawkins Singers" in Question B although they aren't quite as large an ensemble and their beautiful Hit "Oh Happy Day" was in the 60s. But it was a good, logical answer!

OK. ALL 3 QUESTIONS WERE CORRECTLY ANSWERED. :coolio: :coolio: :coolio:

CONGRATULATIONS JENNY: :)5 Points to you! :D "Question A: They were all used as theme songs for television shows".

"They certainly were: "Tour Of Duty", "The Wonder Years" and UK series "Minder".

:thumbsup: (Sorry, I don't know if they also appeared on "Saturday Night Live" Uncle).

CONGRATULATIONS SAMMY: :)10 Points to you! :D

B. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir with a stirring rendition of "Battle Hymn Of The Republic"

and C. Nancy called herself "Lil", from "Rocky Raccoon/ The Beatles - her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil, but everyone knew her as Nancy".

:thumbsup:

Thanks to you all for having a GO. Back soon with the updated points and a New question. :)

CURRENT POINTS

Brad37732 22

Kevin28776 19

miamisammy 14

Windy1 13

edna 12

Jenny 6

UncleJoe 6

katie sane 6

Elvish 6

jrownsdega 5

Annabelle 5

Laurie35451 3

HDThoreau 2

bazooka 2

addictedtoclassic 2

Tenacious Peaches 1

earth-angel 1

bluesboy 1

DiggsUK 1

NEW QUESTION

Who's this family Group ?

* Formed with 2 sisters, 1 brother, 2 cousins. Managed by another cousin.

* One sister and one cousin left. Replaced by 2 other cousins.

* One cousin left, not replaced, and Group has recorded as a Quartet ever since.

* Lead singer appeared in a TV series.

:stars:

:coolio:

Gladys Knight and the Pips?
WE HAVE A WINNER! WELL DONE ELVISH! :) :)Apparently she acted in a 1985 US TV series "Charlie & Co.", which I don't think we ever saw in Australia. 5 Points to you and 2 to Laurie for an Honorable Mention. :)

Hi Carole. Yes, I thought that one would last a bit longer!

CURRENT POINTS

Brad37732 22

Kevin28776 19

miamisammy 14

Windy1 13

edna 12

Elvish 11

Jenny 6

UncleJoe 6

katie sane 6

Laurie35451 5

jrownsdega 5

Annabelle 5

HDThoreau 2

bazooka 2

addictedtoclassic 2

Tenacious Peaches 1

earth-angel 1

bluesboy 1

DiggsUK 1

NEW QUESTION

Here's a "Baby" type one. Which 70s Group supposedly took their name from Winnie The Pooh, and what was their one Big Hit?

::

Old55, Here's your answer:

The author's son's called his bear "Edward Bear" before he named it "Winnie. The 70's band Edward Bear took their name from this. Their big hit of the 70's was "Last Song".

:coolio:YOU SAID IT ALL BRAD! WELL DONE. :) :) 5 Points to you and 1 to Elvish. I'll update the points later.

NEW QUESTION

Which well known singer best known for his/her novelty-comedy records had his/her first #1 with a "serious" - almost religious - song. ???

:thumbsup:

The Best version of that was by Gospel Great, Mahalia Jackson - but it was ignored for the 14 year old boy's (which WAS a very pleasant Pop song). :)

NEW QUESTION:

What is the biggest selling AUSTRALIAN single world-wide ???

(Quite a few to choose from).

:stars:

POINTS TO DATE

Brad37732 28

Kevin28776 19

miamisammy 14

Windy1 13

edna 12

Elvish 12

jrownsdega 10

katie sane 7

Laurie35451 6