OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

Put it this way.

A man goes for a job interview and the interviewer asks him all sorts of illogical, unrelated questions that seem to be leading nowhere. Then out of the blue the interviewer asks his final question, "How old am I?". The man stares at him for a moment and says "44".

The interviewer is amazed, because that IS his age. He says "how on earth could you know that?". The man replies "simple. I have a brother aged 22 who's in a mental Institution, and you're twice as bloody silly as he is".

I hope that helps.

:jester:

OK, here's what it was.

This is something that most of us on Songfacts have.

Take a well known Movie Title AVIATOR

Remove two of its components The vowels I and O, leaves "AVATOR"

Replace one with another similar one Replace the O with an A = AVATAR

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Laurie, I've got to admit that one was a bit ambitious (in fact it was a syllabi question) :o, but I DID want to watch the Australian Grand Prix in peace.

:googly:

NEW QUESTION:

A REAL Question, but I don't think it will last very long. WHO said this about WHOM and what were the circumstances??? "It's not what the Rolling Stones is about, is it?".

John Lennon --- when he was 'leaving' the Beatles..... (not as many as you'd think-- 1----guilty, well , finally came back to Japan 1990 on the 'Steel Wheels' tour afte clearinbg with authoritiies..... MaCartney had the same troubles... ?! ::

Keith Richards when Mick was named "Sir"...?

:coolio: WE HAVE A WINNER ! WELL DONE EDNA. :) :)

I don't think Keith was too happy with Mick's knighthood at all.

5 Points to you and 2 to Kevin because he did mention Keith as the "Quoter" in one of his posts. I'll update the points tomorrow. :)

NEW QUESTION:

The Beach Boys, The Beatles and Roy Orbison.

These Great Artists all released records in the 1960s with something very much in common. What was it? (Goodnight All).

:sleepy:

Windy, I´d be glad to share my 5 points with you... :bow: :bow: :bow: Of course you knew it... any Keith´s fan would! 2 1/2 for each one of us! :shades:

I´m not joking, Old FiftyFive, may I???? He´s :sleepy:

When the cat's away....the songfish will play! :: Shhhh. :angel:

I'm awake at last! Laurie, Edna and Windy are all probably asleep now, but they haven't nailed the current question yet. You girls stop trying to give each other points. :)

Sammy would have known that one too I reckon, but I can't give two of you 1.66 and one 1.67. :laughing:

QUESTION:

These Great Artists all released records(singles) in the 1960s with something very much in common. What was it?

No real clues at this stage, sorry, although looking through the Beatles discology will most likely give you the answer. :)

5 Points to you and 2 to Kevin because he did mention Keith as the "Quoter" in one of his posts. I'll update the points tomorrow. :)

:

Well done , edna, and thanks old 55 for the 2 . Hmm, I wonder if someone can win without getting any right ? ::

They all appeared on the Ed Sullivan show.

Hi Carole and Kevin. Had to go out for a few hours and I've just gotten back. Neither of those two, sorry - although I'm sure they've all had "crying' song lyrics - and that IS what the question is about: SOMETHING UNIQUE ABOUT THE LYRICS OF CERTAIN 60s SONGS OF THEIRS. The only thing is the Roy Orbison one "MAMA" may NOT (?) have been released as a single in the U.S. If it was, it didn't chart. It was very popular in Australia. Of course all three of these acts were very popular in EUROPE too :)

THE QUESTION AGAIN:

These Great Artists all released records in the 1960s with something very much in common. What was it?

:help:

Where's all my Participants? Am I making the questions too difficult? I thought this one would have gone long ago.

:P

UPDATED POINTS:

edna 8

Annabelle 5

Windy1 5

Kevin28776 4

miamisammy 3

Brad37732 2

jrownsdega 2

bazooka 2

HDThoreau 1

katie sane 1