OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

HERE'S A QUESTION JUST FOR FUN! MY GOOD FRIEND JR SUPPLIED IT. (THANKS MATE).

"Since I'm out of the running, here's one for you: What legendary rock and roller has a degree in cosmetology?

I got that in a book of music trivia I picked up for a dollar. LOL. jr."

I had to look that word up in my Funk and Wagnall's. Aah "Laugh In". The good old days !

:D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DECLARE KATIE AND PEACHES DESERVED JOINT WINNERS OF THE FEBRUARY COMPETION ! CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU !!!!THANK YOU ALSO TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED

Yay! How cool...thanks Old 55 for the opportunity to use my useless knowledge for something. ::

And thanks to Katie for keeping me on my toes. She is a great partner! :bow:

Oh, and I just figured that Liberace was the polar opposite of a rocker. Wayne Newton's not dead yet, so it had to be the piano man.

Well, bluesboy as it's to do with cosmetics I would have gone for Little Richard too. Uncle, could Michael use makeup with the state of his skin? Katie's right - jr tells me it was Chuck Berry (we'll have to stop her reading "Rolling Stone" magazine). I knew he'd been a hairdresser but I didn't know he was a Cosmetologist. That's why he played guitar and not drums I suppose, with those qualifications. Hi Sammy - We're NOT Gonna Take It! What do you wanna do with your life, Hmmm?

WHY are people always so cruel to Drummers?

:drummer:

Yay! How cool...thanks Old 55 for the opportunity to use my useless knowledge for something. ::

And thanks to Katie for keeping me on my toes. She is a great partner! :bow:

Oh, and I just figured that Liberace was the polar opposite of a rocker. Wayne Newton's not dead yet, so it had to be the piano man.

Hi Katie. Isn't it nice to be able to put our knowledge to some use? I rattle off all sorts of facts to my Wife and she says "SO? I just like to listen to the song." She DOES know more lyrics than me though.

Katie is certainly a worthy joint winner, that's for sure!

WHY are people so cruel to Wayne Newton ?

:D

He's not exactly backwards in coming forward I suppose, but sometimes I wonder if he's sending himself up.

That expression "why are people so cruel to..." would be better known in Australia because of something one of our Australian (Ceylon/Sri Lankan born) singers, Kamahl, said which "stuck" to him.

:)

Thanks Katie. Also from Val. You know, I just saw Kamahl on a TV commercial and he SAID IT! "Unkind" not "Cruel". 5 points to you and 2 (or maybe only 1) to me. Commercials are wasted on me. I never remember what they're about. (Except the Kit-Kat one with the Pandas; what a gem!) :)

SPEAKING OF COMMERCIALS.....One Final Question, just for fun! I never used this one because I'm not 100% sure if the answer is correct, BUT I was reading about musos who have done Commercials for Pepsi and Coke. THE QUESTION - who was the FIRST to do one for BOTH ? I believe the answer I have is correct, but I'd like to see what my clever friends think! I tried to find it Googling, but I'm not very good.

::

Good Morning!!!(waking up graemlin...)

CONGRATS PEACHES & KATIE!!!!!!!! Bravo for our winners!!!!!

Peaches, that useless knowledge payed my rent for 25 years!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: And Katie, keep on reading Rolling Stone magazine, if I kept on reading it I would have been able to answer to these impossible 55 questions!

So clap clap clap everybody!

And have a good holiday, Old55! Come back soon or post your new impossibles quizzes from the beach!! You still owe me an easy one... :happybanana: :happybanana:

Hi Edna dear. Thanks for your good wishes! There's NO computer where we will be staying, and I intend taking only 3 books - all fiction, NO music ones (but I may weaken), LOTS of compilation CDs and some DVDs we've been lent by our kids. NOW I know where "psychocatholic's" avatar comes from, as one of our boys has "Dogma". He also offered us "American Pie" but I said "who wants to see Shannon Elizabeth half clothed". My Wife said "who's she?". I must have read her name somewhere.

:doh:

Who is she? :stars:

Edna, she was the female "foreign exchange" student whom we saw a fair bit of in "American Pie". Would that be a fair statement Uncle? The movie itself was pretty kid stuff. Eugene Levy as the boy's Father was the only real actor in it.

I'm really an avid reader, but more so Music realted books than fiction, but I love a good crime story.

::

ONE FINAL QUESTION , just for fun! I never used this one because I'm not 100% sure if the answer is correct, BUT I was reading about mUSICIANS who have done Commercials for Pepsi and Coke.

THE QUESTION - who was the FIRST to do one for BOTH ? I believe the answer I have is correct, but I'd like to see what my clever friends think! I tried to find it Googling, but I'm not very good.

:help:

Edna, she was the female "foreign exchange" student whom we saw a fair bit of in "American Pie". Would that be a fair statement Uncle? The movie itself was pretty kid stuff. Eugene Levy as the boy's Father was the only real actor in it.

Sory Darryl, I never wasted my time on that movie.

As to your question...Let's see, there was Joanie Somers (had a crush on her) for Pepsi. But noooo, it wasn't her for both.

Let's seeeeee. Hmmmm. Oh no! Ewwww. Not him! Not Michael Jackson? Please say it aint so.

Hi. Peter Wilson Darryl's son. I told him who you said when he rang tonight and had me check, and he said it could well be. He was thinking "Connie Francis - she did a Coke one in 1960" - but now he's not so sure that she did a Pepsi one? He said to ask if you could please google and check for him. Bye.