OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

Well I JUST managed to get back into the site. I'm really tired of seeing "THE REQUESTED URL COULD NOT BE RETRIEVED".

Anyway, here's the updated points and a new question.

CURRENT POINTS

Tenacious Peaches 40

katie sane 37

kevin28776 29

UncleJoe 20

miamisammy 17

Windy1 16

rico 10

jr 9

MarcM 8

addictedtoclassic 7

edna 5

DiggsUK 1

bazooka 1

NEW QUESTION!

WHO'S THE GROUP?

Formed in the late 70s, although didn't really come to prominence until the 80s. Two brothers in it. Honoured in BRIT Awards early 90s, both group and lead singer. Lead singer appeared in 2 movies. Had huge international Hit in late 80s, which was featured in a popular movie of 2000.

:coolio:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHO'S THE GROUP?

INXS?
:coolio: :coolio:YOU GOT IT KATIE! :) I WISH YOU & PEACHES WERE IN THE SAME TIME ZONE!

Formed in the late 70s, although didn't really come to prominence until the 80s. Two brothers in it (Tim and Andrew Farris) . Honoured in BRIT Awards early 90s, (1991) both group (Best International Group) and lead singer (Michael Hutchence, Best International Male Vocalist). Lead singer appeared in 2 movies (Dogs In Space and Frankenstein Unbound) Had huge international Hit in late 80s (Need You Tonight, 1987) which was featured in a popular movie of 2000 (Coyote Ugly) .

5 Points to Katie and 1 to Addict.

UPDATED POINTS

katie sane 42

Tenacious Peaches 40

kevin28776 29

UncleJoe 20

miamisammy 17

Windy1 16

rico 10

jr 9

addictedtoclassic 8

MarcM 8

edna 5

DiggsUK 1

bazooka 1

Back At Last with a NEW QUESTION:

Group formed in the UK in 1969. Took name from a book title. First album was "unimpressive" and not released in U.S. Second didn't do much better. Personnel changes and good production saw third album become million seller. Relocated to U.S. late 70s. Eventually had MEGA selling album which also produced hit singles. WHO are they ? :)

Hey OLD55!!Peaches and I are lucky that you post questions for all timezones!

Good morning!!!! just came back from work and I have to cook and clean the house! :laughing: :laughing:

From my deepest place in this contest, I want to say: BRAVO PEACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next time I work for some rock paper I´ll all you as my right-hand!

BRAVO KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same as for Peaches...

:bow: :bow: :bow:

If I have the time I´ll look and check about this last question... and if the server wants me to, I´ll post it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Katie and Edna ! Sorry I haven't put many questions on today. I've been a little "off colour" and I got up late this morning (Oz Time). Then I couldn't get into the site for hours. Then I had to pick up our youngest son at the Airport and the plane was an hour late. Then I lay down to read a Music Book (what else?) and dozed off ! :)

Sorry, it's none of those Groups.

HERE'S THE CURRENT QUESTION AGAIN, AND I"LL PUT ON ANOTHER:

QUESTION A:

Group formed in the UK in 1969. Took name from a book title. First album was "unimpressive" and not released in U.S. Second didn't do much better. Personnel changes and good production saw third album become million seller. Relocated to U.S. late 70s. Eventually had MEGA selling album which also produced hit singles. Who are they ?

QUESTION B:

What did these members of great 60s groups do in common, but not together, in 2004?

John Sebastian (Lovin'Spoonful)

Jack Bruce (Cream)

Marty Balin (Jefferson Airplane)

:help:

Goodnight and Good Luck all !

:sleepy:

Question A: Uriah Heep?

Question B: Did they re-release old material?

Here's something else interesting, although I don't think it's the correct answer. All three men were involved in rock documentary type programs in 2004: Mary Balin in "Fly Jefferson Airplane," John Sebastian in "John Lennon's Jukebox," and Jack Bruce in two A&E biographies - both Clapton's and Led Zeppelin's.

I was also thinking about Uriah Heep... but I don´t know if they were that succesfull in the US... :: their third album was Live, or maybe "Demons and Wizards" as they had one before the first, "Very ´eavy... very úmble"... My other guess is the Herman Hermitts but they had top hits in the mid-60´s... besides, that´s not a book... :doh:

As for question B, hmmm... got married again?

Elvish, I don´t think it´s Mott the Hoople coz they didn´t have tons of hits in the US from their third album, and mainly cuase I posted it before and OldFifty said "No" :laughing:

I would say your guess on uriah Heep would be better... though it´s a character of Dickens and not the name of the book... :shades:

It better not be Steppenwolf, or I WILL file a formal protest with the Commissioner (aka UncleJoe). Steppenwolf formed in California in '68 and were never a UK band. John Kay was from Canada (by way of Germany as a tyke), and most of the other dudes were from the U.S......but everything else seems to fit.

I stand pat with my answer of FOGHAT!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :coolio: :neener: