OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:jester:

The answer to which there is no question? Like finding a cure for which there is no disease ! He didn't say that about The Stones either. :laughing:

No, but Elton John did say this about The Rolling Stones:

'Mick Jagger is the perfect rock star. There's nobody more perfect than Jagger. He's rude, he's ugly-attractive, he's brilliant. The Rolling Stones are the perfect rock group -- they don't give a s***"

Hope you're right ! I'm trying to be the comeback kid, today ! :)

If it's not John Lennon, Then as a backup, I'm going to say Mick Jagger ( in one of his RARE pretentious moments)....

Say, Katie, just when IS that cricket over with ? I've heard those games can last for days ! ;)

Hope you're right ! I'm trying to be the comeback kid, today ! :)

If it's not John Lennon, Then as a backup, I'm going to say Mick Jagger ( in one of his RARE pretentious moments)....

Say, Katie, just when IS that cricket over with ? I've heard those games can last for days ! ;)

I know....did Rolling Stone Magazine say it?? :laughing:

Are you a cricket fan Kevin?? It's a good game!! One Day International matches go for just one day but Tests go for five days. :thumbsup:

Hooray! I finally got back into the site after trying on and off for over 2 hours. Sorry, no one has gotten the answer yet. :(

Cricket isn't a game - it's more like a religion! :)

You're right OLD55, it IS a religion! Well, with my family anyways!!

Another guess: Could it be former Stone's manager Andrew Loog Oldham?? No, that can't be right, he's no musician. Paul McCartney then?

Hi Katie. Sorry, not Paul(or any of the Beatles). Yes, it's a great game. I used to umpire but it took up all my Saturdays. Also I knew a few of the Queensland players and I used to get them along to our School Fete for a "Bowl A Shield Player" competition we ran for a few years. :)

QUESTION:

Which Famous Musician do you think said this?

"Quite simply, I feel that The Stones are the world's best rock and roll band".

We know it's NOT:

Elton John

Any of The Beatles

Mick Jagger

Bob Dylan

Steve Gaines

:guitar:

The points are VERY close.

Don't forget you get a point for PARTICIPATING, which could decide the Winner!

CURRENT POINTS

katie sane 20

UncleJoe 16

kevin28776 13

Windy1 13

Tenacious Peaches 12

miamisammy 10

rico 10

addictedtoclassic 4

edna 4

MarcM 2

jr 1

bazooka 1

Goodnight and Good Luck All. :sleepy:

I think it is appearing on "The Simpsons", too. But I did think of another similarity. Tom Jones is known for wearing tight slacks, Derek Smalls was stopped by airport security for smuggling a foil-wrapped cucumber in his pants, and the Chili Peppers are notorious for wearing only socks on their parts. So, "famous members" could be a common thread. Although Old 55 would never be so vulgar and I am ashamed to bring it up. Almost. :o

They have all been on The Simpsons!

:coolio: :coolio: CONGRATULATIONS KATIE ! :)That question didn't last long. Well, that gives you a good lead now. I'm just on my way out, so I'll update the points and put on a new question later. Gotta give Peaches 2 points for her very informative answer too ! :: ::

O.K. Back from dropping the car in to get the squeaking brakes fixed AGAIN. Here's the points table. This could be the biggest upset since the 1983 America's Cup! Katie from Sydelly, Australia leading the American fleet?

:laughing:

CURRENT POINTS ARE:

katie sane 26

UncleJoe 16

kevin28776 15

Tenacious Peaches 14

Windy1 13

miamisammy 10

rico 10

MarcM 7

addictedtoclassic 4

edna 4

jr 1

bazooka 1

............................................................ NEW QUESTION:

Who's this U.S. female singer ? She left school at 14 to become a Go Go Dancer on TV. Formed a group with her 3 sisters and toured U.S. army bases in Vietnam. Hit it big in the 1970s. Had ongoing role in a popular TV series. That should give it to you! :)

Hi Windy. Not Patti La Belle or Cybil Shepherd.

:)

I don't know much about Gridiron. Until I saw it on TV I didn't realise they had "two teams within a team" - one for attack and one for defence. The only football game I ever played was Rugby League.

::

This lady is best known as a ROCK singer.

:guitar: