OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I GOT INTO THE SITE !!! No one's got it yet, so let's rephrase the question to give you a couple more clues. QUESTION: A well known U.S. movie actor/director remembered a song that had been recorded (with no Chart success) some 3 years previously. He telephoned the singer for permission to use it in his movie, which she gave. The song became a huge hit after it's inclusion in the movie. WHAT was the song and WHO sang it ? :) :) :)

Yes, Unky... and I think you are more than right... Dr. John had an accident with his hand and performed in "The last waltz", by Scorsese... only I don´t remember what was the song... :doh:

I just checked my files... the song is "Such a night". And I saw he also played with Clapton and Jagger... I think you are the winner, Commendatore! Bazooka??? :thumbsup: :shades:

QUESTION: A well known U.S. movie actor /director remembered a song that had been recorded (with no Chart success) some 3 years previously. He telephoned the singer for permission to use it in his movie, which she gave. The song became a huge hit after it's inclusion in the movie. WHAT was the song and WHO sang it ? :) :) :)
I've highlighted a few words I think may help. Keep trying. It's a beautiful song. :)

Good try jr, but the Director wasn't a famous actor. A beautiful song though, which is more in keeping with the correct one. A bit earlier than 1976 too. C'mon, keep trying. You've got the 2 points so far. :) Hang on - the song from "A Star Is Born" is "Evergreen". "The Way We Were" was from the 1974 movie of the same name, also not directed by an Actor. :o