OLD 55's ONGOING MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both had a son who died shortly after he was born? I know that´s true, but I wonder if that´s what you´re thinking of... Prince had a son with his wife Mayte, who died some ten days after the birth, and Keith and Anita pallemberg lost their third baby also few days after the birth... that same night Keith was performing on stage with the band.

No, it's not about their instruments, musical or otherwise.

:guitar:

The answer I'm thinking of is something in common that each/both of them have done during their musical careers (not together).

OldFifty, I don´t get it... is it about their music or not?

Mmmm... they tune the sixth chord of their guitars like the fifth?

They gave a concert for the benefit of blind children?

They always ask for lasagna in their tours?

This one is hard... I should read your mind! :laughing:

The first (and unfortunately only) thing that came to mind is that the Stones had a record called Dirty Work and Prince had one called Dirty Mind. I guess I am just a dirty girl. :P

I want to go on record that I TOTALLY knew the answer about the musicians dating the models. I think I should get a couple of virtual points for that. What do you think, OLD 55? ::

None of the Above, nor is it that they both play guitar and they are both great songwriters. I don't think this one will show up on Google either. Aaron I've always thought that Prince was clean?

::

I'm pretty sure he was, but around the Twin Cities, we know that Prince is an a$$ when he's out in public. So I just wanted to take a shot at him.

Does it have anything to do with the first Batman movie?

The first (and unfortunately only) thing that came to mind is that the Stones had a record called Dirty Work and Prince had one called Dirty Mind. I guess I am just a dirty girl. :P

I want to go on record that I TOTALLY knew the answer about the musicians dating the models. I think I should get a couple of virtual points for that. What do you think, OLD 55? ::

Hey, if you give Peachy points for that, I want a point for the guitar answer too! They both play Fender Strats.

(Hey, I'm desperate. I'm fading in the standings, here)

I want to go on record that I TOTALLY knew the answer about the musicians dating the models. I think I should get a couple of virtual points for that. What do you think, OLD 55?

Oh sure! Anyone can pretend to know the answer after the fact. I say just give Peachie some pretend points.

Just kidding Peachlette. You knows I luvs ya. When it comes to points you're a 10 in my book.

Oh sure! Anyone can pretend to know the answer after the fact. I say just give Peachie some pretend points.

Just kidding Peachlette. You knows I luvs ya. When it comes to points you're a 10 in my book.

Awww, I love you too, UncleJoe...big kisses! I asked for virtual points, not real ones. Just a pat on the back would be nice. ::

Here's something I found that's rather interesting: both Prince and Richards have jazz influence in their families. Prince's parents were both jazz musicians, and Keith's maternal grandfather (who was influential in his childhood) was also a jazz musician.

I'm sure it's not what you're looking for, but it's a neat fact! ::

We're just heading out for a while. I was going to leave a clue, but many who've participated would be at work now, so in fairness to them I'll wait and put on another post in about 4 hours.

No one has really come close yet, so the question is just too general it seems. I'll just say now that it's NOT specifically about their Music, although it's part of both their musical careers, NOR their Families/ Love life/ Realtionships. Good luck all.

:)

They both have changed their names throughout their career. Keith dropped the s from his last name after a falling out with his father for 20 years. After a reconcilliation he went back to Richards. Prince changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol after feuding with his record company. He changed back to using Prince after being "emancipated" from Warner Brothers.

This has been driving me crazy and if this isn't it, I may cry.

They both have changed their names throughout their career. Keith dropped the s from his last name after a falling out with his father for 20 years. After a reconcilliation he went back to Richards. Prince changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol after feuding with his record company. He changed back to using Prince after being "emancipated" from Warner Brothers.

:coolio: Kari you're a Peach. WHAT A GREAT ANSWER! They both changed their performing names and then changed them BACK later. I wish I could give you extra points for my not having to type all that out. WELL DONE ! :thumbsup: The only thing I'd like to add (which isn't part of the answer) is that Prince later said the symbol meant "Christopher". HUH?

The 2 points for "Honorary Mention" go to jr because he was the first to point out they both use the same type of guitar. IF I'd thought of that when I was framing the question I'd probably have gone with it. Thank you ALL very much for participating.

POINTS NOW ARE:

addictedtoclassic 28

edna 23

Elvish 22

SoulGirl 15

UncleJoe 11

jrownsdega 10

bluesboy 7

TenYearsGone 7

Tenacious Peaches 6

HDThoreau 6

Newbie Jr 5

miamisammy 5

Windy1 5

DiggsUK 5

Kevin28776 2

RogerWaters90125 2

MarcM 1

Foxy1983 1

Bazooka 1

NEW QUESTION: Googling might do it here.

Which 1980s film featured Roy Orbison, Blondie, Meat Loaf and Alice Cooper????

::