Foxy's Dedication

Foxy

I know this may not be the place to do it, but for my own peace of mind.

My step-dad went home to the Spirit World one year ago today, aged 55, from an instant massive heart attack in the car park of the local leisure centre, during his regular 5-a-side football with our work colleagues.

So ~ I'd like to dedicate this post to him and anyone else who has lost a parent.

"Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glint on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,

I am the swift, uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circling flight.

I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there, I do not sleep.

(Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there, I did not die"

Mary Frye (1932)

And lastly a song he really loved listening to, which came out just weeks before he went to the Spirit World.

"Call Off The Search" by Katie Melua

I won't spend my life

Waiting for an angel to descend

Searching for a rainbow with an end

Now that I've found you I'll call off the search

And I won't spend my life

Gazing at the stars up in the sky

Wondering if love will pass me by

Out on my own

I would never have known this world

That I see today

And I've got a feeling

It won't fade away

And I won't end my days

Wishing that love would come along

Because you are in my life where you belong

that's very touching benita, it's clear from this and other posts you've made that your stepfather was very dear to you. as long as you hold his memory as close as you are doing, he will never be forgotten. i want you to know that my thoughts are with you and your family today.

Oh benita, how sad for you. I'm sorry honey. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my mom 4 years ago on dec.26. christmas can never be the same for me. The song that gives me comfort is Angel~Jimi Hendrix. It sounds as though you loved him very much and losing a parent suddenly for seemingly no good reason is difficult, to say the least. My heart goes out to you baby.

This one's for you Foxy.....I hope it is appropriate.

Dawning Is The Day-The Moody Blues

Rise, let us see you,

Dawning is the day,

Miss, misty meadow,

You will find your way,

Wake up in the morning to yourself and leave this crazy life behind you,

Listen we're trying to find you.

Flow to the sea,

You know where to go,

Still we are free,

No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Wake up in the morning to yourself, open your eyes and start to be you.

Listen, we think we can see you.

Baby there's no price upon your head,

Sing it, shout it,

Now the angry words have all been said,

Do it, don't doubt it.

So rise, let us see you,

Dawning is the day,

Miss, misty meadow,

You will find your way,

Wake up in the morning to yourself and leave this crazy life behind you,

Listen we think we have found you.

Foxy, those dearest ones that passed away are certainelly taking care of us from somewhere. My best friend died suddenly one year ago, he was a 45 years old healthy man and I´m sure he´s watching over me. It happened also with my dad and another dearest friend of mine, who died 10 years ago (we were very close since 4 or 5 years old...) Well, that´s my theory and it surely helped me. Hope your things will be going fine and you´ll feel how these wings protects us...

Thanks all of you for your nice replies.

edna, I certainly believe that our loved ones are with us. Many of our friends our spiritualists and often say that Tim (my stepdad) follows behind my mum when she enters their houses, and that his presence is strong in her house.

Last night mums neighbours came into spend some time with us, and chat about what has happened over the last year, and whhat happens when you leave the earth plane. I'm convinced there's more than what we are living now. I was told last night, that I have a big bright orb floating next to my head, apparently the bigger it is the longer it has been with you, and the brighter it is the more in tune it is with you. The lady who sees this with me always heres the names Jack and John (my great great uncle, and my great uncle ~ the latter apparently adored me when I was small when he was around).

I've never really thought about anyone being 'with me', as Tim was the first person I've known in my adult life to pass on. But it's nice to think I have a guardian angel, or a spirit protecting me, it's just a nice, warm, comforting thought..

(sorry my spelling has gone to pot today and i can't be bothered to rectify it)

Foxy, I must say that I´m an atheist who believes only in what I see, but strange, I´ve felt things which were contradictory to my beliefs... For instance, the fact that people who loves us keep on being with us somehow when they´re gone... I´ve lost many dear people in my life, but I had a strange experience whith one of my friends. She was a journalist, older than me, she believed in life after death and spirits and all that. We were really very close, and she was always taking care of me. When she died I felt guilty coz I had not been with her as much as she would want me to... I missed her a lot, even though she had been so sick for the last year that she wasn´t herself... but strange, just after she died, things began to work so fine for me... I knew that she was protecting me somehow.

A few months after my father died I woke up one night and I felt he was there... i can´t explain it, it never happened to me before nor after...

I could tell many experiences of that kind, but I just leave it like that, those who loved us will love us for awhile after they´re gone.

when my gradnfather died it affected all of us very badly, my mum particularly. but for a week after he died a red admiral butterfly followed her everywhere, literally everywhere. it was at the graveyard in our driveway, back garden, anytime she left the house. since then every year around his annicversay she sees one, including one year on the day of his anniversary when she was out on the skelligs, these remote rock islands off the coast of kerry - believe me it is not natrual for a butterfly to survive out there. i definitely believe that my grandad's spirirt is watching over all of us and keeping us safe. and at the end of the day it's what you believe in your heart that counts and that keeps you feeling safe, loved and protected.

Someday Never Comes ~ CCR

First thing I remember was askin' papa, "Why?",

For there were many things I didn't know.

And Daddy always smiled; took me by the hand,

Sayin', "Someday you'll understand."

Well, I'm here to tell you now each and ev'ry mother's son

You better learn it fast; you better learn it young,

'Cause, "Someday" Never Comes."

Well, time and tears went by and I collected dust,

When Daddy went away, he said, "Try to be a man,

And, Someday you'll understand."

And then, one day in April, I wasn't even there,

A son was born to me; Mama held his hand,

Sayin' "Someday you'll understand."

Think it was September, the year I went away,

And I still see him standing, try'n' to be a man;

I said, "Someday you'll understand."

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, hope this time helps mend your distress, as it heals your emotional wounds into reminiscent scars. Somewhere in the night sky above, a star reflects upon you. - Kenne