SOCIAL D SOCIAL D SOCIAL D

fidelityfiend

Finally!!! I will have a chance to see one of the few remaining original socal punk bands live!!!! Mike Ness and Social Distortion are coming to town!!! I will be at the local indie record store (Daddy Cool's in St. Pete) tomorrow AM to get my tix!!!

Side note - by going to my local indie record store, there is no TICKETMASTER(BASTARD) service charge. I strongly recommend that you buy concert tix whenever possible without giving TICKETBASTARD a cut. They rape us every time we use them. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: monopolies are supposed to be illegal - fight the good fight - F@#$%^&* TICKETBASTARD and F!@#$%^&* CLEARCHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :: :: ::

Never had a chance to see X - if they come to FL I will make an effort though. I still remember how blown away I was when I heard "Ain't Love Grand" for the first time. It was so raw, really it was probably the first punk type music I ever got into. Up to that point me and my buds were all about the virtuosity and technical ability. Exene and JD and company opened new horizons for us.

Aint Love Grand is not the best example of their work. Check out "Los Angeles" "Wild Gift" "Under the Big Black Sun" or even "Live at the Whiskey A Go Go". That was X at their best IMHO. "See How We Are" is good too, but not like their earlier stuff...

• 5 weeks later...

....and the show was outstanding - sold out and packed in. Gotta love those GA shows (that's general admission for those of you wondering) my brother and I were front and center for all of SDs set. I go 6'2" 250 lbs and my brother is 6'3" 325 lbs - when we go out together most people just get out of the way. And so it was at the show last night, we ran the pit - old school style - no fists or fights, help kids up when they fall, help find misappropriated glasses and such. SD sounded great, played about an hour and forty five minutes, and rocked hard doing it. Similar set list to what is on the Live in Orange County DVD, all in all it was an excellent show. The openers were mixed - Street Dogs played first - the frontman was a founding member of Dropkick Murphys - Street Dogs play that style of Beantown punk and were very good. The second band, Backyard Babies from Stockholm Sweden must share a label or something, including the retarded moniker, they were pretty lame. What they did they did well, it just wasn't very good. Used that opportunity to hit the head, unfortunately, so did everyone else.

If you're a Social D fan and you get the chance, go see them. Mike Ness is in great form and seeing him live was well worth the late Sunday night.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: