Stars To Record 'Tears In Heaven'....

jman14141414

...For Tsunami Relief Efforts

LAUNCH Radio Networks

Gwen Stefani , Pink, Steven Tyler, Elton John , Josh Groban , Rod Stewart , and Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne are among the artists lending their voices to a rendition of Eric Clapton's "Tears In Heaven." MTV.com reports that Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne are organizing the single, which will benefit victims of the recent Asian tsunami, with proceeds going to the Disasters Emergency Committee's Tsunami Earthquake Appeal.

The recording sessions will begin this week at Whitfield Street Studios in London, where Velvet Revolver, Elton and Italian opera singer Andrea Bocelli will record their vocals. Next week, Stewart, the Osbournes, Groban and Robbie Williams will lay down their parts in Los Angeles. Pink is scheduled to record in New York, and Tyler will do his part from Boston.

Sharon and American Idol judge Simon Cowell will produce the single.

Clapton wrote "Tears in Heaven" after the death of his 4-year-old son in 1991.

Can't wait to hear this. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hmm, not exactly the musical line-up I would have chosen. I would have chosen 10 artists who actually sound great and have a heart. Ozzy Osbourne...? Why in the hell anyone would want Ozzy on a tribute album right now is beyond me. Rod Stewart is a little washed up. Steven Tyler is cool, I'd keep him. Elton John is a good choice, I'd keep him. Gwen Stefani is too poppy, get rid of her. Pink is WAY too poppy, completely get rid of her. I would think a better choice would be Alicia Keys. I have no idea who Josh Groban is, and isn't Robbie Williams british metal? And Velvet Revolver, not exactly what I would consider a band for benefits, even though they're cool. The thought of these people combining efforts makes me cringe...

isn't Robbie Williams british metal?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: robbie is pop!!

not a great line-up though and i hope they don't ruin the song, although it's already been butchered recently by some painful girl who bleats like a lamb and sounds like she never actually properly *sang* a note in her life. i have to switch off the tv everytime the video comes on.

still, all for a good cause, eh?....

It doesn't matter who sings on it though does it? Really? It's for charity so it's all good. :thumbsup:

Totally agree....just cos it doesn't necessarily float our boats, there are a hell of alot of people who will be chuffed they're hearing their fave people, and helping charity!!

And yeh ...lol... Robbie Williams is so NOT british metal...he's up there with the boybands... :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: robbie is pop!!

not a great line-up though and i hope they don't ruin the song, although it's already been butchered recently by some painful girl who bleats like a lamb and sounds like she never actually properly *sang* a note in her life. i have to switch off the tv everytime the video comes on.

still, all for a good cause, eh?....

Why don't you all just beat me to death because I have no idea who Robbie Williams is because he's pop and I can't stand pop music and I'd rather go deaf then listen to pop music for the rest of my life.

So Gisela, does the song sound like...

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, bah bah baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Baah, baah, baah, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Oh man I kill myself sometimes.

It doesn't matter who sings on it though does it? Really? It's for charity so it's all good. :thumbsup:

But isn't the point of this to create a single that will be sold to the general public with the money from the sales going to disaster relief? Well who's going to buy it when some of these people are singing? How many people want to hear Ozzy and his daughter singing together for disaster relief? If you're going to make a charity song, at least make it so that it's appealling to a wide spectrum of people.

I don't care who sings it. I think the song itself should not be remade by anyone ever. It is way too personal a story to be sung by anyone other than Clapton.

I know a little of Robbie Williams' work, but I have seen him in interviews and he is absolutely hilarious. He seems to have this arrogant persona, but it appears to be very tongue in cheek.

This musical interlude is being sponsored by MiamiSammy

"Papa Don't Preach" - Kelly Osbourne

Papa I know you?re going to be upset

?cause I was always your little girl

But you should know by now

I?m not a baby

You always taught me right from wrong

I need your help, daddy please be strong

I may be young at heart

But I know what I?m saying

The one you warned me all about

The one you said I could do without

We?re in an awful mess, and I don?t mean maybe - please

[chorus:]

Papa don?t preach, I?m in trouble deep

Papa don?t preach, I?ve been losing sleep

But I made up my mind, I?m keeping my baby, oh

I?m gonna keep my baby, mmm...

He says that he?s going to marry me

We can raise a little family

Maybe we?ll be all right

It?s a sacrifice

But my friends keep telling me to give it up

Saying I?m too young, I ought to live it up

What I need right now is some good advice, please

[chorus]

Daddy, daddy if you could only see

Just how good he?s been treating me

You?d give us your blessing right now

?cause we are in love, we are in love, so please

[chorus]

Papa don?t preach, I?m in trouble deep

Papa don?t preach, I?ve been losing sleep

[repeat]

Oh, I?m gonna keep my baby, ooh

Don?t you stop loving me daddy

I know, I?m keeping my baby

I don't care who sings it. I think the song itself should not be remade by anyone ever. It is way too personal a story to be sung by anyone other than Clapton.

I agree. Some songs are better left untouched and Tears In Heaven is definitely one of them.

I hope it does well for charity.