Paul at the superbowl

RyanTurtle

• 2 weeks later...

That number seems extremely low. I would think it would be closer to 80 million. I mean, he's been playing music for over 40 years.

Hmmm. . . I'm wondering if they're counting his time with the Beatles or just his career after them. The Beatles played their butts off in the early 60s all around Europe - especially Germany and the Cavern, places like that. But then again they completely stopped touring in '66.

Paul didn't start touring again until about 1972 and I don't think he toured at all in the 80s. . . ::

Like your new avatar, Daniel - Surfing With the Alien, huh?

Hmmm. . . I'm wondering if they're counting his time with the Beatles or just his career after them. The Beatles played their butts off in the early 60s all around Europe - especially Germany and the Cavern, places like that. But then again they completely stopped touring in '66.

Paul didn't start touring again until about 1972 and I don't think he toured at all in the 80s. . . ::

Like your new avatar, Daniel - Surfing With the Alien, huh?

I think everybody thought this one out well.

MACCA TO PLAY HIS 3000TH CONCERT

SIR Paul McCartney will play his 3000th gig next month on his world tour.

The former Beatle will play the historic concert in St Petersburg on June 20.

Macca, 62, said: 'I never keep count so I was amazed when people told me I'll do my 3000th gig. That's an awful lot of late nights.

'I guess I must just like the live life. But, as I've said before, it's what I do.'

Although exact records of early Quarrymen and Beatles gigs were not kept, a new count indicates Sir Paul has done 3000 performances.

Counting pub gigs, Shea Stadium, radio and TV appearances and the four, five and eight sets a night The Beatles played over three years in Hamburg clubs, Beatles performances total 2523.

Adding Wings' 140 appearances, Paul's 285 solo gigs and 40 post-Beatles performances from Live Aid to Adopt A Minefield and the Super Bowl Macca's pre-tour tally is 2988.

The summer tour will also set another landmark someone will be the 8,000,000th person to see Macca perform since he turned solo

Total U.S. attendance for all Beatles live dates: 1,158,623. Their largest venue was 55,000+, most quite a bit smaller. They played four venues on their first trip of 1964,(counting Ed Sullivan), and came back between late August and mid-September. Their 65 and 66 tours were limited to the second half of August. If the Beatles played a club gig -every day- from the -moment- George joined until their first US trip, and we allow each venue a 200 capacity,(generous for the situation), and assume each show to be sold out, we get 402,000 attendance for a total of 1,560,623..and of course it's probably more like 1,350,000. Whatever sparse international dates I'm leaving out are very unlikely to get the total attendance anywhere near 2 mil.

Total U.S. attendance for all Beatles live dates: 1,158,623. Their largest venue was 55,000+, most quite a bit smaller. They played four venues on their first trip of 1964,(counting Ed Sullivan), and came back between late August and mid-September. Their 65 and 66 tours were limited to the second half of August. If the Beatles played a club gig -every day- from the -moment- George joined until their first US trip, and we allow each venue a 200 capacity,(generous for the situation), and assume each show to be sold out, we get 402,000 attendance for a total of 1,560,623..and of course it's probably more like 1,350,000. Whatever sparse international dates I'm leaving out are very unlikely to get the total attendance anywhere near 2 mil.

That's good information...thanks. Any idea about other international performances (Did they play Japan, Australia, etc??)