What ever happened to Alison Moyet?

Uncle Joe

Perhaps some of our cousins from UK can answer this. Is Alison Moyet still recording? We never hear anything of hers over here. I've always felt that she was a well hidden, highly underated singer. She can belt soul style and she can be soft and romantic. I have a few of her CD's including her Greatest Hits CD.

Remember Yaz?

So, what's become of her?

Perhaps some of our cousins from UK can answer this. Is Alison Moyet still recording? We never hear anything of hers over here. I've always felt that she was a well hidden, highly underated singer. She can belt soul style and she can be soft and romantic. I have a few of her CD's including her Greatest Hits CD.

Remember Yaz?

So, what's become of her?

She released an album a year or two ago. She's still around :headphones:

I believe my previous post on Alison was lost in the Ether. Anyway.... I recently bought a DVD with the Prince's Trust Rock Gala from 1987 (I believe), that included Alison Moyet, and many of the top acts of Brit Pop. It's a great video, I bought it especially because of her, but I enjoyed the whole thing, Paul Young, Mark King, and of course the final apotheosis with Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Ringo Starr, George Harrison et al.

Yeh she's still recording!!

I bought this album "Voice" that she released last year. Covers of some great songs, she was on television alot last year promoting the album, and I think she was doing a couple of concerts but don't quote me on that!

Nothing can beat her classics though, I bought Essential Alison Moyet a couple of years back, which is just fab :coolio:

I also grew up listening to the "Alf" album being played over..and over...and over!

Thank you, Foxy! I knew that, I was working in their record label by then, but I didn´t remember if there was a band or what called Yazoo in the US. I always liked Yazoo, I saw them once live... Alfie Moyet is awesome. They were releasing "Upstairs at Eric´s" by then, and I think they are more pop then techno, wich was the fashion in the early 80s...

Apotheosis? Apotheosis?? Teresa, you're scaring me. [/qu ote]

:) :) Apotheosis wasn't the right word, was it? :: ::

I just remember how impressed I was then to see all these people play together. You have to remember that back in the 80's those sessions were not an everyday thing, in fact they were quite a novelty. Of course what they played was crap, but I loved it at the time.