Musical opinions wanted!

wanderingrocklover

Hey,

my friends over in Scotland are in a 'wee' rock n roll band and are looking to do a tour over in Sweden(where Im from) once their single is released.

At the moment they have some rough music online, but are looking for suggestions/constructive criticism before they record single.

I think they're quite cool! You should check them out at the link at bottom!

Cheers,

Mihkall(the wanderingrocklover)

"Popup" the band

"Chinese Burn" is a bit too rough, these old ears couldn't figure out what the song was about. "Dancehall" reminded me of the fee-based economy, and the lead singer could use another voice to harmonize the high notes. However, I chose the "low-fi" feed that ran through iTunes, which made "Poison Apple" sound flat and me wondering how many players/singers are in Popup. An interesting way to get your music heard; let's hope a real Rock critic here takes the time to listen. Keep on writing, playing, and living! :elvis:

Actually, I took the time to give the samples listed a listen, and I agree with Otokichi's opinion & review. The recordings are slightly bland & a little rough around the edges. Coming from a Scandinavian family, I can tell you that the Swedish mainstream favors towards the Poppish side, while the underground is based on Death Metal. It also depends on the type of show that they plan on performing, the size of the gig & publicity behind it. With proper treatment & recording along with subtle lyric alteration, this could be a decent show.