Favorite Movie Soundtracks!

Guns N Zeppelin

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite tends to change about every month or so! But right now my favorite is from a movie back in '98 -

Velvet Goldmine

I really like Ewan McGregor and I LOVE Jonathan Rhys-Meyers. My favorite song on the soundtrack is Jonathan singing with The Venus in Furs on Baby's on Fire. He has a very unique singing voice, and I love it!

K =:P

Here's some more:

A Clockwork Orange. The author, Walter Carlos, used some tricked-out synths to make his own arrangements of music by Bethoven and stuff.

Star Wars is tops too.

Judgment Night. Every song is a hip-hop and a metal band playing together.

2001. Psychedelia before Beatles and Pink Floyd.

South Park is genius.

And Taxi Driver's theme is one of the most unique and recognizable songs ever. It's got such a weird 70s sound and then combined witht the blurred images of the soaked city. Thanx for reminding me, XXX.

Anything by John Williams is probably good for me.

Heeheehee

I'm gonna have to say that South Park was probably a better use of your money.(I've seen both movies, and the South Park Movie was waaaaay funnier than The Passion)

And have you ever seen the episode 'The Passion of The Jew'? what a great Mel Gibson portrayel, good episode.

:jester:

I must say I was very disappointed with The Passion. Not that I'm the religious kind of guy, but I'm definitely not the Hollywood kind. And that's exactly what this movie was: the death of christ Hollywood style. I don't think any human can hold that much blood in his/her body, let alone survive.

My cable TV is not exactly 'official' so I get some real ugly reception on some channels, Comedy Central being one of the worst. But I collect the South Park DVD's. I gotta get it updated.

Yeah, or the fact *Scott looks upwards to the sky to check for lightning bolts being guided his way* that it was not a very good movie anyway. It was all dark, there was no real 'substance' to it, just total flash and cloak and dagger and effects and blood and gore and all that stuff, now if you mix those things in the right proportion and get rid of all the preachyness you basically have a summer slasher b-movie. So basically it was 'Nightmare on Elm Street Featuring Jesus'(Geez, I'm goin' to hell :jester:)

Yea I never get tired of that movie.

A friend of mine always used to bring the sountrack to 'Akira', play it real loud, sit there and laugh. That movie has some seriously weird music. I forgot the mane of the artist. Was it Psych Origami? Damn I wonder if I can find the album.

Yea I never get tired of that movie.

A friend of mine always used to bring the sountrack to 'Akira', play it real loud, sit there and laugh. That movie has some seriously weird music. I forgot the mane of the artist. Was it Psych Origami? Damn I wonder if I can find the album.

That was one of the first soundtracks I ever owned right up with A Clockwork Orange. The music was composed by Geinoh Yamashironogumi (sp?). It's a weird, Japanese, karate-chopping, hip-dislocating name. I like a couple of the tracks from it. Definitely the track with the full on pipe organ kicking in in the middle followed by the Gregorian chant made post-Apocalyptic mayhem even more memorable. That song was used at the end of the film when Neo Tokyo was engulfed in the bright light/megatonic bomb that became of Tetsuo. Track number 8 (I think) "Battle Of The Underground Fortress" was cool too with the little guitar solo and the weird strings it had - kinda sounded like some sort of heroin trip music. Bah! It was all good. The Japanese make some awesome film scores for their animation. Kyuuketsuki Miyu is probably one of the best ones I've ever heard (heavy in its use of wind-based instruments like the oboe!). I'm still looking for the first soundtrack to Jo-Jo No Kimyo Na Bouken whose ending theme song has haunted my mind for a while now :headphones:

Speaking of japanese, I own various Final Fantasy soundtracks by composer Nobuo Uematsu. It's pretty amazing how far video games have come. I never get tired to the intro of FF8. It's got this demonic kinda music as two characters sword fight. The song kinda reminds me of the one used in The Doors movie when Jim was fooling around with the witch.

Back to Akira, I found the whole soundtrack!!!! Man the memories. My favorite was always 'Tetsuo'. I did a bit of research and what I thought was keyboards is actually a chorus of over 200 singers. Dang, I'm gonna watch the movie tonight.