I Love You?

Mandalynn

OK guys...quiz time. I looked all over and can not find the title to the following. The song itself is at least 23 years old, if not older. The singer, a male, sounds like Elvis...may even be Elvis, I don't know. The tune itself is enough to drive anyone crazy (as I am going nuts right now). Again, the singer is a male, kinda the crooner type. However it is not Frank Sinatra, not Stevie Wonder and I can't seem to make any lyrical connection with Elvis, but I seem to think it may have been him. The lyrics are:

I love you. I love you. I love you.

Please tell me, please tell me you love me too.

I love you. I love you. I love you.

That's all I can remember, other than that I think it was on the b-side of a 45 (an old record for you young'uns out there). Anyone know the name or artist? (Think it's probably "I love you. I love you. I love you.") I must admit, it is a bit annoying of a song (kind of a earworm). Any help would be appreciated. :help:

Does he ever sing the line, "I want you, I need you, I love you"?

OK...I have no other lyrics (including those listed above?) , because these are the only ones repeating in my head. As for the song, it's at least 23 years old...if not older. And, it's not Bad Manners...I still think it may be Elvis... :elvis:

Well Mandy, I'm convinced that the song you refer to is Elvis' I Want You, I Need You, I Love You

Here are the lyrics.

Hold me close, hold me tight

Make me thrill with delight

Let me know where I stand from the start

I want you, I need you, I love you

With all my heart

Ev?ry time that you?re near

All my cares disappear

Darling, you?re all that I?m living for

More and more

I thought I could live without romance

Until you came to me

But now I know that

I will go on loving you eternally

Won?t you please be my own?

Never leave me alone

?cause I die ev?ry time we?re apart

With all my heart

Sorry UncleJoe, I went to iTunes, downloaded and listened, thinking maybe I had the lyrics wrong...but the whole tune is off. The one I have in my head is less Buddy Hollyish than the "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" and actually has a faster tempo and deeper (baritone) vocal. The tune itself goes up in scale and then returns to the middle of the scale before resolving itself at the end of the phrase...if that helps? This is driving me mad, I tell ya!

I do have to say though, that I wish I had known the "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" when I was back in college. There was a group of us girlfriends that decided that we were all "Player Haters" and we'd watch out for each other. If one of us thought another was being put on by some dumb boy, we'd walk past and say, "But baby, I want you. I love you. I need you." (A different order, but same meaning.) This was our cue to get out and away from whoever was hittin' on us. :angel: