Can't get back again

I will find you

Darlin' and I'll bring you home

And if you want to cry

I am here to dry your eyes (ooh)

In no time

You'll be fine

That part absolutely kills me!

seems that my deja vu was just a bad dream...

Oh no, I've said too much

I haven't said enough

I thought that I heard you laughing

I thought that I heard you sing

I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream

That was just a dream

Just a dream

Just a dream

A dream...

• 3 weeks later...

I've had lots of songs that the sound of it made me emotional. Like "You're the Inspiration" by Chicago, "Love is Forever" by Billy Ocean, & "That's what love is all about" by Michael Bolton & "Angel Baby" by Angelina. The sounds of the songs have always perked up my emotions and made me cry real easily. Has any song made you sad?

yeah..... the song "father of mine" by everclear breaks me down everytime i hear it. the reason is because if i look at it from my brothers perspective, everything fits perfectly. so it makes me sad thinking back on everything the writer went through because my brother and i kinda went through almost the exact same thing. anyone else?

1. father of mine-everclear

2. in the arms of the angels-sarah mcglaughlin(sp?)

3. wonderwall-oasis

4. one headlight-wallflowers

5. when i look to the sky-train

6. lazy eye-silversun pickups

7. you're beautiful-james blunt (there is a story behind this...i hate the song in general)

8. chasing cars-snow patrol

9. i know the feeling-classic crime

10.your stories. my alibies-matchbook romance

all these songs have stories behind them. they all have something to do with a time in my life that makes me really really sad....some of the songs themselves are happy songs that make me sad.... how messed up is that?

to help you out confusion: In the Arms of An Angel - Sarah McLaughlin

personally I cringe at this tune cuz there was a commercial here in Canada where there were dying African kids while the song played.

Advertisements ruin everything... :mad:

Being a guy, I hate to admit that there is any song that will bring a tear to my eye. I can't make a top 10 as there is only one song that can do that to me:

Last Kiss - J. Frank Wilson and The Cavaliers or even the cover by Pearl Jam

Now let's not ever speak of this again! :laughing:

River of Tears by Clapton. I hadn't listened to the song in a long time and today I played it on my show and now I remember why I didn't listen to it for so long. I cried, which being on the radio is not cool, good thing the song is like 7 minutes so I could get back my radio coolness. ;) Great song though.

Hehe, like Rayzor, I think I'll lose a few dude points here, but oh well. :P

Also, be warned, I'm sure I might have a few earlier-mentioned duplicates, but I'm not changing them just for novelty's sake ;)

- Unordered list:

- Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven - A great song on its own, but once you learn any of the history it becomes a heart-heavy masterpiece. Enough said.

- Led Zeppelin - Going to California - Amid other reasons, it goes on the list primarily for "Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams / Telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems..." So true.

- John Prine + Bonnie Raitt - Angel from Montgomery (Live) - Not sure why, this particular version has just always struck me as a powerful tune whenever I've listened to it.

- Sarah McLachlan - Angel In spite of the above-mentioned commercial, she is still one hell of a songwriter IMO, and this has always been one of my deeplky favorite tracks of hers since I first heard it (and I've admittedly never really been one for contemporary songwriters).

- Elton John - Your Song - Cliche? Maybe, but it doesn't make it any less a classic for me. In my experience, it's impossible for someone to hear it and NOT have someone in mind the whole time.

- Jackson Browne - Load Out/Stay - Kind of a tricky one, but you understand if you're a musician, and probably wouldn't if you aren't. No discrimination implied. :D

- The Beatles - All My Life - Granted, I know it's one of those sappily sentimental songs, but even so... what a remarkable one. Maybe it's just a guilty pleasure of mine. :)

- Neil Young - Cortez the Killer - I know it's not an inherently touching song, per se, but it's one of the most profound guitar melodies I've heard to the day, and will always hold a place here.

- Neil Young - After the Gold Rush - Yep, two from the artist I know, I'm killing my variety here, but it's one of those songs that just goes so well with staring up at a night sky.

- James Taylor - Fire & Rain - An artist held highly in any regard, James Taylor really put everything over the top with this track. A consistent favorite of mine.

Also, one that I didn't necessarily list in my top list just for sake of room is an up-and-coming fingerstyle artist Andy McKee. Really, this cat is reminiscent of the likes of Michael Hedges and Leo Kottke, and I would highly reccommend the tracks Drifting and Rylynn (Amid all the others of course). Studio videos of both can be found over at the good old YouTube, and I really can't say enough about the guy, he instantly struck me as the best thing to happen to acoustic instrumentation in years.

- Neil Young - Cortez the Killer - I know it's not an inherently touching song, per se, but it's one of the most profound guitar melodies I've heard to the day, and will always hold a place here.

I thought I was the only one to almost cry with that guitar... :bow:

Being a guy, I hate to admit that there is any song that will bring a tear to my eye. I can't make a top 10 as there is only one song that can do that to me:

Last Kiss - J. Frank Wilson and The Cavaliers or even the cover by Pearl Jam

Now let's not ever speak of this again! :laughing:

:doh: I messed up... there is a second song that gets me all choked up: Seasons In The Sun ~ Terry Jacks. Used to listen to it when I was a kid. My mom had the 8-track! :grin:

1. Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes

2. Joni Mitchell - River

3. Sting - Island of Souls

4. Bonnie Raitt - I can't Make You Love me

5. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

6. Dave Matthews - Where are you going?

7. Peter Gabriel - Talk to me

8. Sting - They Dance Alone

9. Company (From an old Dianne Reeves recording called "Never too far", which may be out of print, since she switched labels - I believe the song was written by Ricci Lee Jones. Not sure. I'd like to know, if anyone knows)

10. Weather Report - A Remark you Made

Edited by Guest

Hey KlassenT,

Nice choices there. You seem to be quite a fan of fingerstyle and flatpicking acoustic guitar. I always loved that part from the Led Zeppelin song, and I think I still have some Leo Kottke on vinyl from way back. I don't know all of the songs, but Angel and Fire and Rain are superb. I heard James Taylor eventually got sick of playing that one it was so popular.

And I don't know anyone who doesn't love that version of "Angel from Montgomery". It's been a while, but I recall that the band gets lost for about 2 bars - and it doesn't matter.

"Just give me something that I can hold on to, to believe in this living is just a hard way to go". Who hasn't felt that at some point here on planet utopia? That's my favorite of your picks.

Dead of Winter ~ Eels

a song about the cancer treatment and following death of his mother... :puppyeyes:

standing in the dark outside the house

breathing in the cold and sterile air

well I was thinking how it must feel

to see that little light

and watch it as it disappears

and fades into

and fades into the night

so I know you're going pretty soon

radiation sore throat got your tongue

magic markers tattoo you

and show it whare to aim

and strangers break their promises