Cross Canadian Ragweed

Elvish

They aren't Canadian, but don't hold that against them! They got their band name from their guitarist Grady Cross, singer and lead guitarist Cody Canada, and drummer Randy Ragsdale. Jeremy Plato, the bassist, got left out of the mix - poor guy! These guys have very diverse musical influences, from Steve Earle & Waylon Jennings to Ted Nugent and Lynyrd Skynyrd. The label they've been assigned is "alternative country."

Canada is a great songwriter and it shows on their latest release, Soul Gravy. They're an excellent live band, which is how they developed their large cult following.

Check out their website for links to music clips and CMT.com for a good bio.

Give 'em a listen and let me know what you think!

I'm bumping my own post. Three views! That's pitiful. Is my musical taste so bad that no one wants my recommendations? :: I realize that there aren't a lot of country music fans on the boards, but these guys aren't traditional country music.

Come on, give 'em a chance. Don't they look like rockers?

ccr.jpg

OK, OK, stop yelling...damned pregnant hormones! I listened to them, Elvish, and I did enjoy them. I have a friend who is totally into country, and she said she really liked them. You can watch their videos on the CMT site. I liked "Constantly". Leanne Womack is a guest vocalist on "Sick and Tired".

I have been meaning to do a "Get the Word Out" thread on another country band. Elvish has inspired me...I'll get to work on it. ::