How did you feel when John Lennon died?

PSYCHOcatholic

Throughout time, generations have something happen to them. World Wars...Vietnam...September 11th...and John Lennon.

For you older folk. What was it like when you found out about John Lennon, I know most of you must have been young. But, was anybody here around when that happened?

Edited by Guest

I was in Jr high school (7th grade) and The Beatles were my favorite band at the time. My two best friends and I were in shock. I still remember the morning after, just sitting around the fountain at the school at brunch time. None of us could really let it sink in.

Also memorable were the tributes on the radio station I listened to, 94.7 KMET. Especially Jim Ladd who was (and still is) famous for his commentary and then playing music that supported his thoughts. I think the tributes and non stop Beatle/John Lennon music went on for a week.

I was watching Monday Night Football when Howard Cosell broke the news. It was surreal at first. But then more and more details started coming in and the reality of it hit me. Stunned, feeling empty I just sat there shaking my head saying "no, no, no". I couldn't stop thinking about his son, Sean. My son was 4 years old at the time.

Another mindless act by a deranged individual. Very sad. It cast a pall over everything. I was 34 at the time and there was really no more "innocence" to be lost but something left me that night never to return. And the world lost a creative, sensitive man of music.

I was a script-girl, shooting a film in Almeria, Spain. We were in a place where there was only a hotel/bar, nothing else around... we had no connection with the world, just the bar´s tv and a telephone. The hair dresser came and told me "It seems somebody shot one of the Beatles". I asked "What Beatle? NOT John Lennon?" And she said "I dunno, seems it was the intellectual one..." I said to mysellf, OMG... I spent two weeks in that place, shooting the film, couldn´t speak with nobody, there was no newspapers, nothing... then I went to London to spent Christmas with my family and it was so sad...

when the announcemt was made on tv, I remember just plopping down in the cahir, eyes glued to the tv. I remember tears running down my face. disbelief. That stuff doesn't happen. Actually, I rate it pretty close to when JFK was assainated, and I was 6 then, and still remember that. I was an adult when Lennon's Murder happened but I can remember feeling the same way. It's still hard hitting when I think of it today, just like JFK. :(